#105) The Power of Ranges

Timothy Jenney

[Accordance 10: Intermediate] Accordance's [RANGE ?] Command and Range Search Condition make it possible to study groups of Bible or text passages, including non-contiguous passages. Imagine being able to study all the prayers of the Bible together, the Scripture readings for the Feast of Tabernacles, or all the passages pertaining to Ephesus. In this podcast, Dr. J explains how to use the Range feature to do just that—including designing our own custom ranges.

http://youtu.be/oL502IaZVv8

• Like 4

Dr. J,

I liked your tipping the hat to Home on the Range humor. Seriously, the podcast was well done.

I didn't realize the RANGE command could use a custom range by enclosing it in "". Even after a number of years using Accordance there's still more to learn! :) Very helpful podcast Dr. J!

Hah! Thanks, Tony!

I used to watch Roy Rogers and Dale Evans every Saturday as a kid. Miss the show. Come to think of it, I miss that simpler, more genteel way of life, too.

Thank you, too, Paul!

I had to ask Joel about that one. He's my Go-To "guru and fount of all [Accordance] knowledge."

Edited by Timothy Jenney
  • Like 1

Thanks for the very informative podcast. Btw, there is a channel over here called METV which runs very old American tv series like Roy Rogers and Dale Evans and Lassie and the Lone Ranger. :)http://www.metv.org/

I didn't realize the RANGE command could use a custom range by enclosing it in "". Even after a number of years using Accordance there's still more to learn! :) Very helpful podcast Dr. J!

I didn't know it either, Paul. Very handy.

Thanks, Dr J.

Dr J.

Very helpful podcast!

Could you please copy and paste the custom ranges for Tabernacles etc here? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Sure, happy to do so. Might as well include the others, while I am at it:

Apocalyptic Literature
Isa 24-27; Ezek 38-39; Daniel; Zech 12-14; Matt 24; Mark 13; Luke 21; 1 Thess 4:15-17; 2 Thess 2; Rev

Ephesus
Acts 18:19-20:1; 1 Cor, 15:32; 16:8f; Eph; 1 Tim; 2 Tim 4:12; Rev. 1:11; 2:1-7

Readings for the Feast of Tabernacles
Lev. 22:26ff; 23:40ff; Num. 29:17-35; Deut. 14:22ff; Zech 14; 1 Kgs 8:2ff; Ezek 38:18ff; Jer. 17:7ff; Mal 3:10-4:6 (E) or Mal 3:10-24 (H)

NRSV [or any other Bible] sans Apocrypha
Gen-Mal; Matt-Rev

• Like 1

Thanks!