• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guntis

Guntis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

Could you please make this book as Accordance module?

"The Story File: 1,001 Contemporary Illustrations for Speakers, Writers and Preachers"

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/1565638484/

“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

(retina MacBook Pro 15.4" (mid 2014) — Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD. macOS Sierra, Accordance 12) 

#2 sfarson

sfarson

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:34 PM

Agree.  They aren't many illustration resources here.

#3 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,854 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

I'm not sure of the availability or status of your desired book, Guntis (not my department!), but we do have 1001 Illustrations that Connect.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#4 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,784 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:02 AM

Guntis, I checked this book on Amazon to see if there was a Kindle edition available. There is not. Generally, if there is a Kindle edition, we know there is an e-text out there somewhere. Without it, we have to run the book through an OCR and then correct it. I won't say we have never done this, but we really prefer not to. It's just not worth it unless there is a huge demand for the resource.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer
Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13
iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

#5 Guntis

Guntis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

Guntis, I checked this book on Amazon to see if there was a Kindle edition available. There is not. Generally, if there is a Kindle edition, we know there is an e-text out there somewhere. Without it, we have to run the book through an OCR and then correct it. I won't say we have never done this, but we really prefer not to. It's just not worth it unless there is a huge demand for the resource.

Timothy, Amazon web site says: "The CD-ROM contains over 1,001 illustrations that can be sorted by category, topic, or scripture verse." If they sell this book with the CD-ROM, it means that they have some sort of e-text available. Maybe not the easiest way to retrieve it, but much better than doing OCR.

“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

(retina MacBook Pro 15.4" (mid 2014) — Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD. macOS Sierra, Accordance 12) 

#6 Tony Lawrence

Tony Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:Hosting Bible Land Tours, Expository Preaching, My granddaughter

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

I also looked at the link and since it comes with a CD I would assume there would be an etext. The preview seems to indicate that.

Tony Lawrence
biblelandphotos.org

#7 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,784 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:41 PM

Sorry, guys, I totally missed the fact that it can with a CD-ROM. Looks like it sorts the illustrations into a searchable database, too. I'd guess that means an e-text exists.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer
Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, macOS Sierra 10.13
MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD + 1 TB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, macOS Sierra 10.13
iPhone 7 plus: 128 GB, iOS 11.x

#8 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:27 PM

I think I'd agree with sfarson, current preaching sale notwithstanding. However, at the risk of sounding preachy (har har), I have been struck recently by the power of illustrations that come from the preacher's own life and observations, as opposed to just "canned" ones. Not that I don't use the "canned" ones at times, too! But my own expanding User Tool for illustrations has already been proving useful, even though I just started it about a month ago.

I know that's a bit OT from the OP, but it's worth consideration, I think.

Abram K-J
Pastor, Writer, Editor, Blogger
Web: Words on the Word

#9 J. Randal Corn

J. Randal Corn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

I have 1001 Illustrations that Connect and I really like it.  What I'm wondering is, can you add more illustrations to it?

#10 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 10,677 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:01 AM

You cannot edit any purchased module, we would have huge copyright issues if we allowed that. You can create your own modules either as User Tools or as user Notes. The latter are tied to specific modules, so you could use a User Notes module to add illustrations in specific categories, and the Notes would appear in parallel with the 1001 Illustrations.

These features are powerful, so you will want to read the Help documentation or watch relevant podcasts and webinars.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#11 Guntis

Guntis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:11 AM

Sorry, Helen, I didn't understand about editing purchased modules. That wasn't anyone's question, I think. Question was to make this materials available as Accordance module. Its e-text is on the CD-ROM.

#12 Steve King

Steve King

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:50 AM

Hi Guntis. Helen was responding to the question on 10 March from J Randal Corn about 1001 Illustrations that Connect.

Steve King Running Accordance 12.1.0 on:

Mac 10.11.6 (El Capitan), mid-2010 Macbook Pro, 4Gb RAM

iPad2 IOS 9

iPhone 6 IOS 10

#13 J. Randal Corn

J. Randal Corn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

I apologize if I threw people off the track.  I do wonder if there are other resources like 1001 Illustrations that Accordance could pick up?  I am always on the lookout for a good illustration.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Illustrations, books

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users