Random thoughts

ukfraser

I have recently attended a couple of webinars and watched some of the recordings (very useful thanks) and it occurred to me that they don't have much prominence on this forum and wondered if the podcast stream should be renamed to include webinars so they have a home and can be publicised and discussed here.

Having watched a recording on exegesis where dr j suggests some background resources, I checked amazon and the OT one by Stuart was available in kindle but the NT one by Fee wasn't. As ever, I put it on the back burner but was pleased to see them announced today and this prompted a second train of thought.

What prevents you from publicising what you are working on? For example, there is a thread about Tom wrights more scholarly tomes, and I recently purchased the Jewish annotated New Testament in hard back and would have happily waited the 18 months if I had known it is likely to be available on accordance (so now looking for a buyer of my paper copy).

Is there anything that prevents you from announcing what is coming? are you constrained by publishers?or is it you don't want other ebook publishers to know what modules you are working on?

for this customer, a choice between waiting for accordance or getting hard copy/kindle is in most cases a no brainer!

;o)

• Like 1

What prevents you from publicising what you are working on? For example, there is a thread about Tom wrights more scholarly tomes, and I recently purchased the Jewish annotated New Testament in hard back and would have happily waited the 18 months if I had known it is likely to be available on accordance (so now looking for a buyer of my paper copy).

Is there anything that prevents you from announcing what is coming? are you constrained by publishers?or is it you don't want other ebook publishers to know what modules you are working on?

for this customer, a choice between waiting for accordance or getting hard copy/kindle is in most cases a no brainer!

;o)

This question comes up pretty frequently, and historically our main reason is that we do not want to promote items that are not available (aka vaporware). We recently (~2yrs ago) even tried to update a portion of our website with upcoming releases. But, there are inevitably setbacks and issues that delay a release. And sometimes we move very quickly from contract to completion.

But, at the same time we realize that it helps to plan purchases ahead of time. So what seems to work best (for now) is for us to answer transparently when someone asks about a particular title, and on occasion to release items in stages as they are being completed. If there is a particular title you are looking to purchase elsewhere and it seems like a title we would carry, I would recommend searching the forum to see if someone else has requested it. If not, ask. We try to answer every post, but will sometimes wait to hear if others chime in in support of the request.

I hope this helps…

Thanks rick

Paul and the faithfulness of god by tom wright.

;o)

Thanks rick

Paul and the faithfulness of god by tom wright.

;o)

We are working on getting the entire Christian Origins series by NTW.

• Like 2

Excellent thanks, look forward to it, will start saving. ;o)