Experiments of Masochism

Daniel  Francis

The iMac G5 that faithfully did duty on my Library desk died. Being that it is used very little i decided to dig out the old PowerBook 3400c and use it there. Noticing it only had Accordance 7.4.2 on it (OS 9.1 is the computer OS) I decided to upgrade it to 9.6,6. After 24 hours of painfully experimentation I determined 9.6.6 is somehow not compatible (I could get it working but anytime the mouse went to the menu bar it froze, this was with all extensions off or regular operation, it is not a flaw in the program running on PPC because I tested it out under sheep shaver on my macbook pro and it worked fine.) I am currently thinking of trying to install 8 on it, my goal is just to have a rough set of tools on it for quick access while I am in there... If anyone has any idea's to help me continue this bizarre course of events please let me know. Worse case scenario I can fire up the back up disk and retrieve the old 7.4.2 set up but I had hopped I could have the most up to date version that was supported (I realize that there is virtually no support for 9.6.6, but I thought I would see if there were any others who had any ideas.

-Dan

PS: For the staff of Accordance Starter 9 installer.68k is infected with Mac/nVIR-A.... both Sophos on my MBP and the old norton antivirus on the PB3400c detected it. FYI

Edited by Dan Francis

3400c is running happily with Accordance 8.4.7... just waiting for some unlock codes to complete the manual installation of a few items. Thanks to Keith L. at Accordance for trying to get 9.6.6 functioning even though it wasn't a success. It is an amazing thing to see Accordance running so fast on a computer from 1997.

-Dan

Edited by Dan Francis