Psalm 1:1b instead of 1:1a in ACCS tied tab

Abram K-J

In Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture, when it is tied to my Bible text which is set at Psalm 1:1, ACCS goes right to the comment on Psalm 1:1b, even though there is Psalm 1:1a, too in ACCS. Any ideas why?

See attached screenshot. I can list any preferences needed, if helpful. 10.4.3 on 2008 MacBook, Mavericks.

post-31802-0-05048800-1404612505_thumb.png

Accordance syncs with the last reference to a verse, which in most cases, will take you to the most specific comment on that verse. In cases where a commentary has separate comments on sub-verse A and sub-verse B, the scrolling syncs to sub-verse B because it is the last reference to the verse.

In more recently released commentaries, we have begun to tag only the comment on sub-verse A as the reference to avoid this syncing with B. When you catch commentaries that have this problem, please report it as a correction so we can fix it in a future update.

• Like 1

Thanks for the explanation, David--sounds like that was at least part of what was at play here, too. I had wondered.

I just reported the ACCS correction.

• 1 year later...

This is still an issue in ACCS (e.g., James 3:1)--should I report additional corrections, and are there still plans to make an update?

Fixing it now. Look for an update later today.

• Like 1

Version 2.4 of ACCS Complete is out now, with a fix for this issue.

• Like 1