#61 salamanderrake

salamanderrake

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:None

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:09 PM

You can run accordance 11 in wine with playonlinux using wine 1.7.55 prefix, or pretty much any version of wine after 1.7.44 from staging, it has the patches to get the 11 version up and running. But here is a candidate to get Accordance 11 ported to native linux. Here is a link to two screen shots, http://imgur.com/a/0PygF , one as it idles and one where you get to see the text while hovering the mouse over a 'magic' spot.

Edited by salamanderrake, 18 July 2016 - 06:10 PM.

• Dan Francis likes this

#62 salamanderrake

salamanderrake

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:58 PM

Its the same with wine 1.9.13 and 1.9.14-staging

#63 rft183

rft183

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Platforms:Windows, iOS

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:15 PM

I'll have to see if I can get it running via Wine.  I have an entire VM with Windows 10 for Logos, so it would be nice to be able to run Accordance with only Wine!

#64 salamanderrake

salamanderrake

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:58 PM

I'll have to see if I can get it running via Wine.  I have an entire VM with Windows 10 for Logos, so it would be nice to be able to run Accordance with only Wine!

Be warned, the gui is busted on the lastest Accordance, I don't know which version actually broke it though, I just know it was on Accordances side as the 1.7.44-staging and up are broken in the same way. If you want to get it working just try using playonlinux, as you can switch versions of wine pretty easy.

Edited by salamanderrake, 19 July 2016 - 02:59 PM.

#65 rft183

rft183

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:15 PM

Be warned, the gui is busted on the lastest Accordance, I don't know which version actually broke it though, I just know it was on Accordances side as the 1.7.44-staging and up are broken in the same way. If you want to get it working just try using playonlinux, as you can switch versions of wine pretty easy.

Darn, I thought it was working.  Thanks for letting me know.  Yeah, I pretty much only use PlayOnLinux when I get things going with Wine.  It really does make things a lot easier!

#66 salamanderrake

salamanderrake

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:57 PM

Did you see my screen shots, its workable, but way buggy, more buggy then what it was when it first started working with wine. I didn't mean to give the impression that its broken, but that the rendering is messed up some how, maybe I will go on #winehq and harass a dev to see if they can look at it.

Edited by salamanderrake, 19 July 2016 - 04:15 PM.

#67 rft183

rft183

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:52 PM

Yes, I see the screenshots.  I will still probably look at trying it out.  It'll be fun :)

#68 salamanderrake

salamanderrake

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:01 PM

Yes, I see the screenshots.  I will still probably look at trying it out.  It'll be fun :)

Got some good news, its a little more work but still worth it, follow this post, http://www.accordanc...roblem/?p=8913111.0.6 is acceptable, its not perfect, being in wine thats fine, but you will need wine staging/winehq staging depending on your distro. If its ubuntu there is a ppa with a winehq-staging build that will work, it will be 1.9.14, pol has internet connection issues.

Do not upgrade the app once you have it installed, it will break for you again.

#69 salamanderrake

salamanderrake

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:52 PM

Here, http://imgur.com/a/0PygF , I updated my set of screen shots with a little more info. Sometime after 11.0.6 I believe they changed/updated their UI toolkit, or at least thats how it looks to me.

#70 salamanderrake

salamanderrake

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:18 PM

I have a questions for the devs, since you are using Lazarus/Delphi/Pascal, why not just create a native port of Accordance on linux?

Edited by salamanderrake, 19 July 2016 - 09:28 PM.

• Fabian likes this

#71 salamanderrake

salamanderrake

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:22 PM

Here is a video highlighting issues with the gui in Accordance 11.2.2 and wine 1.9.14 ( note this is not wine staging, as the changes in Accordance some time after 11.0.6 allowed it to render without the wine patch but broke the ui in other areas) https://www.youtube....h?v=psM12I9lFog and here https://bugs.winehq....ug.cgi?id=40991 is my wine bug report.

#72 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,169 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:31 PM

Porting to linux, despite the fact that part of our development process uses Lazarus, would be very costly, and there is unfortunately not much user demand, this thread notwithstanding.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#73 salamanderrake

salamanderrake

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 04:30 PM

What if the community did crowd funding to raise the money to port it over to linux, how much would it cost, and/or maybe find a team in the community to do the porting, 

#74 rft183

rft183

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:38 AM

I did get 11.0.6 working using PlayOnLinux and the 1.9.14 staging version of Wine.  As far as POL not getting internet, after I closed Accordance and reopened it, it installed Gecko, and then connected.  I haven't gotten a chance to play with it to see how usable it is, since it took so long to download resources!

#75 salamanderrake

salamanderrake

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:38 AM

Yeah, Accordance 11.0.6 does seem more solid with wine 1.9.14 staging, then 11.2.2 does with any version.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: linux

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users