BHS-W4 with Sources Revealed

AlejandroBotta

I would like to have a BHS-W4 module with J-E-P-RJE-R (following Richard Elliot Friedman) in different colors ("The Bible with Sources Revealed").

It would also be nice to have a module that will offer the user at least two options (i.e. Friedman and Noth) with the possibility of displaying the text as a continuous narrative or in different colors.

Check: http://www.tanach.us/Tanach.xml

Any chance we might see it in the near future?

I would be interested in this as well. I've contemplated doing my own coding with the Highlighting options, and may yet do so piecemeal, but it is timeconsuming. Additionally, my copy of Friedman's "Who Wrote the Bible" is two decades old and has some errors in the charts separating out the strands.

I was thrilled to discover an online resource!

I remember professor Kirkpatrick at McGill telling us to photocopy the text and either get scissors or some highlighters.

The timeline is, to me, the most interesting module in Accordance, for it has two differing sets of dates, eh: "conservative" and "critical." Even those are ballpark dates for the two camps - there are widely differing opinions, eh.

Perhaps I might offer the following: in keeping with the nature of Accordance to allow the user to do powerful things with the text, instead of offering a single pre-formulated ordering of the Biblical text, what would it be like if there was a way for the user to maniupulate the ordering of the text? I suspect it wouldn't be too terribly difficult to manage. It is possible to do even now in the search window, but the string would be so incredibly long... Perhaps the module could be called "Scissors". But then, that sounds more like OS X, than Accordance :lol:

I suppose this is just a poor exegete dreaming, but if I was designing an exegetes haxie for Accordance, it would re-organize all the modules according to the method they are appropriate for...

I remember professor Kirkpatrick at McGill telling us to photocopy the text and either get scissors or some highlighters.

The timeline is, to me, the most interesting module in Accordance, for it has two differing sets of dates, eh: "conservative" and "critical." Even those are ballpark dates for the two camps - there are widely differing opinions, eh.

Perhaps I might offer the following: in keeping with the nature of Accordance to allow the user to do powerful things with the text, instead of offering a single pre-formulated ordering of the Biblical text, what would it be like if there was a way for the user to maniupulate the ordering of the text? I suspect it wouldn't be too terribly difficult to manage. It is possible to do even now in the search window, but the string would be so incredibly long... Perhaps the module could be called "Scissors". But then, that sounds more like OS X, than Accordance :lol:

I suppose this is just a poor exegete dreaming, but if I was designing an exegetes haxie for Accordance, it would re-organize all the modules according to the method they are appropriate for...

Alternate Sorting of Search Results

I'll second that. It would be great to be able to do a study viewing material by alternate sorts, especially by date. Perhaps a mechanism to perform many separate searches, chained together, to present a chronological search result.

Perhaps it wouldn't be so complicated to add the possibility of changing the color of the Font of an specific search. Let's say I create a search with al the J texts according to Friedman and then I could set the color of the Font of the results to red. We could create different sets of searches for J-E-RJE etc. and then have a multicolor file displaying the various sources. This could also be used to highlight the different redactions of DtH (I prefer rather to see the fonts in colors than using the highlighting tool).

I dig it!

I see that Richard Elliot Friedman holds the copyright for two of his superb contributions to Biblical scholarship "The Bible with its Sources Revealed" and also for his "Commentary on the Torah." I'd love to have them in Accordance. Would that fact make things easier for Oak Tree Software? (not the fact that I'd love to have them but the fact that R.E. Friedman holds the copyright for those works :-)

I dig it!

Archived