Link to Jewish Study Bible?

Gedalya

In the Jewish Study Bible, on the note for Numbers 33:1-49, paragraph 2332, it indicates that there is a map of the probable exodus route as follows:

"Nu. 33:1-49 A comprehensive wilderness itinerary: This record encompasses the itinerary of Israel’s travels from their point of departure in Egypt to their final encampment in Transjordan (42 stations; see map on p. 130).

Accordance divides the module by paragraphs and not by page numbers.

The reference to the map by page number in the module's text is not hypertexted so I had a problem finding it. I had to look in the hard copy of the book to find exactly where the map is.

How would I search for this map in this accordance module?

The accordance module of the JSB is divided into paragraphs and not pages.

How would I search for a specific paragraph in the JSB (or for that matter in any module that is divided by paragraphs) on accordance?

Also, how would I make a link to this map to put in my notes?

I agree that we need to improve the linking to maps, have sent some suggestions to "corrections."

Gordon: I don't have the module to double-check how useful this suggestion would be, but while you wait for linking improvements, you could duplicate your tab (so as not to lose your place in the first instance of the module) and try to keyword search your way to the map (using "stations" or "Transjordan" via the "Caption" search field, if there is one in that module, or with "Content" field). Obviously not an ideal or convenient solution, but if you ever didn't have the print text in front of you, that could be worth a shot.

Regarding linking, are you asking about the verse-by-verse User Notes? Those permit linking to Scripture verses but nothing else--User Tools, however, have more robust inter-tool linking options.

Helen, I look foward to the corrections.

Abram,

Yes, I already did what you suggested as far as duplicating the tab etc and keyword search. Of course, I had to find the caption title in the print edition of the module.

As far as linking, I appreciate your info. I guess I'll to wait for more improvements in the Notes.

• Like 1

Joel just recently suggested in another forum post that there are some User Notes improvements underway. Looking forward to seeing them.

As it is a map what I tried was to go to the next picture in the resource, select that, then browse through the pictures using the arrows. Found it about four clicks back. Of course this is OK if you are in the general region and the resource does not have hundreds of pictures.