Hermeneia Apostolic Fathers volume on the iPad

mscargill

Has anyone else experienced this problem. My copy of the Hermeneia Apostolic Fathers on my iPad doesn't offer me any navigation by way of a table of contents other than:

An introduction
Ignatius - a commentary
The Didache - a commentary
Shepherd of Hermas - a commentary

This is pretty hopeless if you are wanting to go to one of (say) Ignatius' epistles since you have to do no end of scrolling and scrolling and scrolling through "Igantius - a commentary" to get to the epistle that you want. I have just been told by Accordance technical support that:

"the iOS version can be searched by using the browser (the 3 dots and 3 lines in the top left hand corner). It can also be used alongside another actual version of the Apostolic Fathers and will scroll and stay in parallel with that version.".

Well it can't. I tried searching for Magnesians (as in Ignatius shorter or longer epistle to) but my results showed as empty. On my Mac - as for (so far as I can see) the other Hermeneia volumes on the iPad - you get a proper full table of contents for the Hermeneia Apostolic Fathers volume that allows you to go straight to the Epistle to the Magnesians (for example) and even, I think, particular parts within the Hermeneia's treatment of it - e.g. introduction, text, commentary, etc.

As to the idea that you should buy a second copy of the Apostolic Fathers to use as a sort of substitute table of contents for the Hermeneia volume, with respect, that sounds silly.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thank you.

Michael

We've had other reported issues with Hermeneia on iOS. I thought we had tracked them all down. We'll look into this ASAP.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thinking about Hermeneia today, this is just a note to say the issue above persists, though I wonder if it's different for those with the 48 or 49 volume version? I have the "CD-ROM"/43 vol. edition, with none of the newer volumes.

Yeah, I know, I know. :)

(I take it that means it's not an issue on iOS, Dan, if you own the upgrade?)

Hermeneia is a resource I own in Logos.... my apologies for misreading your post (when I have a migraine everything doesn't seem to process fully. I cannot say but my logic was the upgraded collection should have the corrections, although now that I think about it they should be in older modules as well.... You will have to wait for an Accordance staff person or someone else to help... sorry.

-Dan

There are significant improvements in the navigation in the nav bar of the Hermeneia-AF

post-29509-0-96392500-1409714869_thumb.png

I have checked the latest Hermeneia AF on the iPad. It still only shows the major divisions. I will ask the developers to take another look.

• Like 3

Mark has tracked down and fixed the problem. We'll post version 1.3 this morning for you all to download. Thank you for your patience and for reminding us that it still needed a solution.

• Like 3

Excellent news Helen. Thank you for sticking with this and getting it sorted.

Best regards,

Michael

• Like 1