An Exegetical Summary

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I am wondering if the Exegetical Summary series from SIL is coming to Accordance. If it is not I am further wondering if there is interest in it. Serpentium revived this thread (http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3155) yesterday and the content looks very interesting to me.

Thx

D

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Thanx Rick. I saw that - now I have to work out what to do now it's here. I guess I'll start with your video.

• Like 1

Any plans to sell individual volumes by chance? I'm trying to decide whether I should buy now at the sale price (the likely choice) or wait for individual volumes.

I was delighted to discover the "Key Terms in 2 Corinthians" section, only disappointed to find that 2Cor is the only book that has such a section.

Were these missing from the original texts as well?

It would be good if we could have such a section for every one of the Bible's books.

The tagging is extensive, but a lot of the links go nowhere, or link to the internal bibliography, which just explains what the source is.

For example, if the search the module for "ICC" you get 20,682 hits. Not all of them are links, but the ones that are just tell you:

"ICC Davies, W. D. and Dale C. Allison, Jr. The Gospel According to Saint Matthew. The International Critical Commentary. 3 vols. Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1988, 1997, 2004."

Now it might just be that one day the ICC series will be available in Accordance, but for now it isn't, so these 20,000+ links are not much use.

The tagging is extensive, but a lot of the links go nowhere, or link to the internal bibliography, which just explains what the source is.

For example, if the search the module for "ICC" you get 20,682 hits. Not all of them are links, but the ones that are just tell you:

"ICC Davies, W. D. and Dale C. Allison, Jr. The Gospel According to Saint Matthew. The International Critical Commentary. 3 vols. Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark, 1988, 1997, 2004."

Now it might just be that one day the ICC series will be available in Accordance, but for now it isn't, so these 20,000+ links are not much use.

My reference to half a million, and later to 700,000, hyperlinks were not including the references that just point to the source material. 

For those references such as the ICC--until we have those in Accordance--the links function as they do in any of our modules where they point to the source information. 

If you find a link "going nowhere" (that is, not even to the source material information), please send in a correction report.

If you find a link "going nowhere" (that is, not even to the source material information), please send in a correction report.

I get this with NTC (the Kistemaker-Hendrikson series, which I do not own in Accordance). The mouseover shows nothing in ID, but a click on it will bring up a message that I do not own that module. Is that what you mean?

Alistair

The links for modules which you don't own are dead. I believe this is because they couldn't tag it with two links.

Greetings

Fabian

• 3 months later...

The SIL Exegetical Summary Series in Accordance now includes the Sermon On The Mount volume. Save 50% this week when adding all 31 volumes to your Accordance Library, or add the SoM volume to your already existing set for $9.90!