LSJ v1.3 and corrections not included

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I've submitted a number of corrections to LSJ going back to Oct 2013. Today I updated LSJ to the 1.3 version, which just came out, rather hoping that a number of issues might be corrected. But going back over the corrections I submitted I see that the problems are still present in 1.3. I am wondering if there are more updates expected yet for LSJ or if the corrections I've submitted were not, on inspection, found to be errors. That would be odd as Perseus has different data and that would suggest that they have added to the text which seems highly improbable.

The general type of fault that I see in LSJ in multiple entries is that entire subsections for a particular word are missing. I have seen this in a number of definitions and just reported another today. It feels like there is a systematic failure in the pre-processing of the raw etext into tool form but of course I do not know for sure.

BTW, I double checked and there are no logged errors on this update and the update log reports update of LSJ from 1.2 to 1.3. I am on the latest 10.4.3.2 Aleph on Win 7.

I use this tool a lot and thus these omissions present problems for me.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler
  • Like 1

Hi Daniel,

This update to LSJ intentionally did not address any error corrections.

We are in the process of updating the metadata in nearly all of our modules to support future features in Accordance, which is why you may be seeing a lot of content updates available as of late. We are also processing error reports as usual.

For LSJ we are aware of the errors you reported and hope to release an update soon that systematically fixes them throughout the entire resource. You do no need to report them.

Thanks for your patience as we work to address this.

Edited by Rick Bennett
  • Like 2

Many thanx for the clarification Rick. Good to know its coming.

Thx

D

I hope it now, it comes Tools in different languages, and I can then them sort in language order!

If not: I will pray for that :)

Because I have a GREAT wish list. ;)