Basilisk & MAC collabsible ribbon

chaplanger

I am running my WIN box at 1280x1024 which works fine in WIN (all major Window components remain at the outskirts of the Window as they are supposed to). However when I switch to the emulator, the bottom left MAC ribbon now appears well above the bottom margin. This creates a problem when additional panes are opened in Accordance. I have included a JPEG file to show what I am referencing. Is there anyway to re-anchor this ribbon to the bottom of the page?

post-845-1167232267_thumb.jpg

Is there anyway to re-anchor this ribbon to the bottom of the page?

When the emulator opens, before opening Accordance, click on the apple in the menu, go to control panels and then control strip. You have a few options there. Re-docking is not one of them, but you can hide it or setup a hot key to hide/show. I don't use the strip, so I have mine hidden.

If you want to re-dock it, someone else may be able to better advise.

As long as I can get rid of the problem by removing the control strip I am a happy camper ;)

Is there anyway to re-anchor this ribbon to the bottom of the page?

Hold down the option key (which is mapped by default to the Windows key) and click and drag the end tab up or down to reposition the "control strip."

Hold down the option key (which is mapped by default to the Windows key) and click and drag the end tab up or down to reposition the "control strip."

Thanks so much! Now I have a couple of choices that work out equally well.

BTW as I learn my around around Macworld in the emulator -- how much knowledge gained will be transferable to MAC OS X (If I ever finally make the jump?)

Archived