Problem selecting more than one verse to copy

davidmedina

I just noticed a new behavior on my iPad. I no longer can select more than one verse to copy.

Hi David, I can select more than one verse no problem,

Are you sure you aren't in a search result?

I'll check it further, but it happened when I showed in context as well as when I selected book, chapter and verse.

Show in context is technically a search.

Yes, it happens after I do a search and I show in context. I cannot recall if it was possible to choose more than one verse when doing those, but we should be able to. Otherwise , I would need to go back until I am out of a search, find the verse again, select it and the copy.

Same thing happened if after I searched something. Then, to go to another place in the Bible, I select the book, chapter and verse, I cannot select more than one verse to copy. Again, I am not sure if this was always the normal behavior, but is not good. Except in a direct search result, I should be able to select more than one verse whenever I am seeing g thing in context.

I suspect, though I am not sure, that arbitrary text selection (coming soon) will deal with this issue. (I have NO inside knowledge of this).

I hope so, Ken.

As it is, to me, as it is right now, Accordance iOS app is very frustrating and disappointing app.

Every time I try to use it I become frustrated and just switch to other apps.

I can't wait for the new version to come out and see what they come up with.

Edited by davidmedina

• 1 month later...

I also have a verse copy issue.

But a very specific one (iPhone 5s fwiw):

Any English text above, NA28-T below.

Select a verse in NA28 and you can only extend backwards not forwards.

This problem disappears when the texts are swapped, or when NA28 is on top too.

I've not been able to replicate the problem in any other configuration so far, but consistently thus.

I also have a verse copy issue.

But a very specific one (iPhone 5s fwiw):

Any English text above, NA28-T below.

Select a verse in NA28 and you can only extend backwards not forwards.

This problem disappears when the texts are swapped, or when NA28 is on top too.

I've not been able to replicate the problem in any other configuration so far, but consistently thus.

This is clearly a bug.

Interesting that it hasn't been reported before now. Also looks like there may be similar issues in the opposite direction if a Hebrew bible is in the secondary pane. Thanks for the report.

Hi, I downloaded iOS 8 yesterday and the "select verse" disappeared from the window that allows me to highlight, put in user notes, etc. Just wanted the Accordance team to knowpost-29388-0-22015500-1411063939_thumb.jpg

Already fixed in the next version uploaded to Apple last week. We're all patiently waiting for them to finish their review process and release it.

Thanks for the report.

For me this problem re-surfaced again after upgrading to iOS 8.

I cannot highlight selected verse properly again. The same old bug — when I tap on the highlight color, it applies another color, which is the one row below.

Both.

does it only happen in the secondary pane or both panes?

And it's really strange. When I try to copy some verse, only one verse gets copied. There's no option to add more verses. When I try to apply highlight from the middle or bottom of the highlights color palette, correct color is being applied. But when I tap on the one of the top 4 color rows, then 1 row shift occurs - the lower row's color is being applied. I think it all started 1 or 2 years ago when I inserted one additional color there. Since that time new Accordance for iOS versions sometimes apply wrong color.

OK. Some of this is fixed in v1.7.6 which should be released shortly. Please reevaluate once you have that version.

Go figure... Accordance 1.7.5 on my iPhone highlights verses correctly. It means only my iPad 4 has this problem. Only copying has problems on iPhone. Let's see what the update brings :-)

Yeah. It didn't make it into v1.7.6 which was already uploaded to Apple and waiting to be reviewed. It is corrected in v1.7.7 along with a few more fixes for bugs we discovered after wrapping up v1.7.6. We're just waiting to see if there are any more iOS8 compatibility problems before finishing up development of it.

• Like 1

Just confirming that the selection of multiple verses using the arrow keys works just fine in OS8 on my iPhone 5s and iPad 3.