IVP Dictionary of the OT: "Prophets" & "Wisdom, Poetry, and Writings"

yellowchops

Hello...just checking to see if these are on Accordance's radar?

1. IVP Dictionary of the OT: "Prophets"
  2. IVP Dictionary of the OT: "Wisdom, Poetry, and Writings"

Thanks!

• Like 3

Yes, we hope to release those, along with the updated Jesus & Gospels, later this year.

• Like 4

Yes, we hope to release those, along with the updated Jesus & Gospels, later this year.

With page numbers, yes?

Thanks for the quick response, Rick!

All new releases of reference titles* will come with page numbers added, unless in rare cases where we add them after release to get it out to users faster.

*we often do not add pages to titles where the source edition is not easily determined. We also do not typically add them for study bibles.

Edited by Rick Bennett

All new releases of reference titles* will come with page numbers added, unless in rare cases where we add them after release to get it out to users faster.

*we often do not add pages to titles where the source edition is not easily determined. We also do not typically add them for study bibles.

Thanks for the response, Rick. As a seminary student, page numbers are very crucial for my profs. I noticed that some of the resources that come part of one of the collections don't have page numbers either...that's why I was asking.

I thought it might be a good idea to list on the product page if the resource has page numbers or not.

Edited by yellowchops

Each product page has a screenshot which you can see at full-size with a click, and check if there are page numbers to the top left of the pane displaying the contents. It's not infallible as we may have added page numbers and not updated the shot, but we try to keep them up to date.

Thanks for the response, Rick. As a seminary student, page numbers are very crucial for my profs. I noticed that some of the resources that come part of one of the collections don't have page numbers either...that's why I was asking.

I thought it might be a good idea to list on the product page if the resource has page numbers or not.

We realize the importance, which is why we started adding them to resources several years ago (regardless of whether the publisher files provided to us include them), and make it a standard for all new releases. We recently went through every module and listed which ones do not have pages, and are adding them to those that have been overlooked.

Thanks for the feedback.

We realize the importance, which is why we started adding them to resources several years ago (regardless of whether the publisher files provided to us include them), and make it a standard for all new releases. We recently went through every module and listed which ones do not have pages, and are adding them to those that have been overlooked.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hello, Rick...did you mean that page numbers will eventually be added to every Accordance module that comes in collection as well?

Hello, Rick...did you mean that page numbers will eventually be added to every Accordance module that comes in collection as well?

This is getting off topic from the OP, but to clarify:

We started systematically adding pages to modules that did not have them approx. 5 years ago. We started with all the obvious commentaries, dictionaries, and resources that would most likely be cited by page number. In the last couple years we have made it our standard practice to add them to all new releases where the source of the e-text matches directly to what we developed. Some slight exceptions are like Study Bibles where they are rarely cited by page number (since the format of the Bible containing the study notes can vary greatly; i.e. hardback, leather, compact; different translations, etc.); or public domain resources where the source of the e-text is unknown, or has been made into many different reprint editions that vary.

We also discovered recently that some resources we added them to never got released (chiefly being several in the IVP Reference Collection). So we decided to have someone go through every single module to determine which ones have pages, and which ones do not, and prioritize those which should have them added (keep in mind this is like 1,000 modules [not titles] stretching back almost 20 years). We are now working on adding them.

So, to answer your question: will every module in our collections be getting pages? No, not all, but some of them will (see examples of exceptions above). If you have a specific question on one, email customer service (after checking the screen shot on the product page). And if it helps, here are some we're working on now: IVP Dictionaries (any in the reference collections that did not have them), Eerdmans Dictionary. Known modules that do not have them and will likely not get them any time soon (or at all) Classic EBC, Church Fathers (we hope to, but it's massive).

I hope this helps.

This is getting off topic from the OP, but to clarify:

We started systematically adding pages to modules that did not have them approx. 5 years ago. We started with all the obvious commentaries, dictionaries, and resources that would most likely be cited by page number. In the last couple years we have made it our standard practice to add them to all new releases where the source of the e-text matches directly to what we developed. Some slight exceptions are like Study Bibles where they are rarely cited by page number (since the format of the Bible containing the study notes can vary greatly; i.e. hardback, leather, compact; different translations, etc.); or public domain resources where the source of the e-text is unknown, or has been made into many different reprint editions that vary.

We also discovered recently that some resources we added them to never got released (chiefly being several in the IVP Reference Collection). So we decided to have someone go through every single module to determine which ones have pages, and which ones do not, and prioritize those which should have them added (keep in mind this is like 1,000 modules [not titles] stretching back almost 20 years). We are now working on adding them.

So, to answer your question: will every module in our collections be getting pages? No, not all, but some of them will (see examples of exceptions above). If you have a specific question on one, email customer service (after checking the screen shot on the product page). And if it helps, here are some we're working on now: IVP Dictionaries (any in the reference collections that did not have them), Eerdmans Dictionary. Known modules that do not have them and will likely not get them any time soon (or at all) Classic EBC, Church Fathers (we hope to, but it's massive).

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the clarification.