Using internal links in a tool within a text window

John Fidel

I have a text window open with a reference tool added. The reference tool is the Exhaustive Analysis GNT. If I click on an internal link such as a GK# it opens to another section of the tool. Is there a way to return to where I was? If I open the tool in a separate window I get a prior button, but there is none when opened in a Text window. The reason I like to click on the link rather than just read it in the Instant Details window is that the link shows me how many times the word is used in the NT.

Thanks,

No, there is no easy way to return, sorry! The best way to use internal links is in a Tool window, which you can open and "tie" so that it scrolls with the Search window (Window menu).

I have a text window open with a reference tool added. The reference tool is the Exhaustive Analysis GNT. If I click on an internal link such as a GK# it opens to another section of the tool. Is there a way to return to where I was? If I open the tool in a separate window I get a prior button, but there is none when opened in a Text window. The reason I like to click on the link rather than just read it in the Instant Details window is that the link shows me how many times the word is used in the NT.

Thanks,

Can you try this and see if the arrangement works for you?

1. open the Exhaustive Analysis GNT in a new tab (assuming you're using a tabbed workspace)

2. Window > Detach Tab (or press the cmd-opt-t keyboard shortcut)

3. arrange the resulting windows so you can see both (or let Accordance try: Window > Arrange > Tile Windows ; cmd-i is the shortcut)

4. finally, with the Exhaustive Analysis GNT window active, go to Windows > Set > Tie to "<name of your GNT-T tab/window>"

Now you can scroll through your GNT-T and the Exhaustive Analysis will scroll in sync, and you can navigate the latter with Prior and Next.

Thanks for the workaround. I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something. I can also just move the verse up and down and return as well. Perhaps a suggestion for future updates.

Archived