Interpretive Lexicon of New Testament Greek

Abram K-J

Forthcoming from Zondervan this fall:

Interpretive Lexicon of New Testament Greek:
Analysis of Prepositions, Adverbs, Particles, Relative Pronouns, and Conjunctions

It says it's "keyed to" BDAG and Wallace's Grammar (as well as to Murray J. Harris's Prepositions and Theology in the GNT, which Accordance does not currently carry), so it could have some nice integration in Accordance.

It's 96 pages and cheap in paperback, so hopefully easy to do and sell!

• Like 3

Hm. Sounds interesting..

For that matter, the aforementioned Murray Harris work would also be a good addition to Accordance. I own it in print--what I've used so far, it's awesome. Surprised it isn't better known in general.

• Like 1

This could be interesting - a little hard to tell as it's not published yet. In particular I am curious about the discourse content and what references it uses.

Thx

D

Abram,

I have not got the Murry-Harris volume yet, I am interested in the Lexicon.

And also in the MH volume

There is a section on Murry-H type stuff in Colin Brown's Dictionary of New Testament Theology (section in the back). Have you used this, and how does it compare with the MH volume you mentioned? (Yes it's the DNTT is dated, The New DNTT 2nd editions is due for release soon, be interested to see if it has the section on prepostions in it). And wether Accordance carries it.

Was the original DNTT prepostion article done by MH? Can't remember.

Yes, Phil, funny you should mention it--I just, for the first time, was looking at the Harris section of the dictionary you mentioned. I didn't have enough time to go through it and compare... maybe the Zondervan stand-alone volume is an expansion? (I also am away from my office now, which is where my hard copy of Prepositions and Theology is.)

• Like 1

Here, by the way, is a pdf sample of the Harris book, in case folks want to see it and weigh in on requesting Accordance to publish it.

Actually, that book together with the book initially requested in this thread would make for a nice "Greek Prepositions" mini-bundle!

• Like 1

Interesting. Its not quite enough to work much out but the diagram of the spatial aspect of prepositions is very similar to one in Wallace. I think the MH one is perhaps a little better in that it covers all 17 "proper" preps, and the image is a little clearer using a cube (thus 3 D ) rather than the circle. But the δια + D seems like it needs a proof read or two. I'd have to look for support for this. Its normally with G or A.

Thx

D