22 replies to this topic

#1 jsunbeam

jsunbeam

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:29 PM

I'm using Accordance on a Mac and am trying to save the GNT28 or NA28 text as a PDF, but it always changes the alignment of the text so that it's centered. I would like to keep it left justified. Is it possible to do that? I don't know why it would center the text automatically.

Thanks.

#2 Ken Simpson

Ken Simpson

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,483 posts
  • Interests:My grandsons Micah and Nate!
    Astronomy
    Archaeology
    Physics
    Hebrew and Greek
    Papyrology
    Orthopædic Surgery
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:50 PM

I haven't noticed this before, and it's true in b1 as well. With GNT28-T and NA28-T, but not UBS4-T, NA27-T or GNT-T.

Regards
Ken
Lead Australian Accordance Demonstrator
Administrator, Accordance Exchange
Assistant Minister, Summer Hill Church

#3 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, Android

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

I can't repro. this on Mac. I haven't tried windows yet. What I'm doing is selecting some text and doing print selection and then selecting the PDF option.

Is that what you are doing ? Or something else ?

thx

D

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua
ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν
lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Syntax Search For Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics : https://github.com/4...WallaceInSyntax

Accordance Crib Sheets: http://47rooks.com/l...ch-crib-sheets/

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac
12GB RAM

Windows : MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop
Intel Core Duo Intel i7 Kabylake

Android : Samsung Note III 5.0, Samsung Tab S3 7.0 and Lenovo TAB4 8" 7.1

#4 jsunbeam

jsunbeam

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:19 PM

Actually, I am typing in a range (e.g. John 1-10) then clicking print, save as PDF. The PDF comes out center aligned.

#5 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:01 PM

Just tried that. Here's a screenshot of it from the Previewer looking at the PDF.

Attached File  scPDFChunk.jpg   113.31KB   1 downloads

I'm guessing yours does not look like this.

Thx

D

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Syntax Search For Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics : https://github.com/4...WallaceInSyntax

12GB RAM

#6 jsunbeam

jsunbeam

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:09 PM

Sadly, mine does not look like that. It works fine with English text, oddly enough, but just not with Greek. I would show you an image of my PDF, but I can't figure out how to upload it.

#7 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:13 PM

Ah ok - so let's compare some basic stuff for sanity :

I'm running OSX 10.9.3 and Acc 10.4.3.2.

To upload images there should be an Attach Files button at the bottom of the post editor. If its not there make sure you click on More Reply Options. If that doesn't work I vaguely recall something about there being a minimum number of posts required before you can submit attachments. But I could be misremembering. If I'm not its 10 posts. Finally use JPG.

Thx

D

12GB RAM

#8 jsunbeam

jsunbeam

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:32 PM

Thanks! I've attached some images. 

I'm using OS X 10.9.2 and Accordance 10.4.3.2.

Attached Files

#9 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:07 PM

Ok now its my turn - how did you do that ? It's cool that it can be done. Hmmm.... ok so I'm suspecting its something to do with the configuration of the text display - something that has this side affect rather than being obvious. I tried a few option but I could not get what you get. I do not have NA28 so I'm using GNT-28 which you said also does this.

OK repro'd it. The problem is in the Set Text Pane Display. If I set Show As : to Paragraphs I get centred output in PDF. I am now trying to work out how to turn it off again. It appears to be sticky. Oooops !

Thx

D

12GB RAM

#10 jsunbeam

jsunbeam

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:59 PM

Haha. Believe me, I am not trying to do it. Yes, the GNT-28 gives me the same result. 

Hey! I just randomly fixed it! I started playing around with the Set Text Pane Display options as you mentioned. It was originally set to paragraphs, but I switched it to verses and the PDF showed a left alignment. Then I switched it back to paragraphs, and lo and behold! It now prints with a left alignment. 

I'm sure it's a glitch, but it works for me for now. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot! Were you able to turn it off again on your end? I hope I didn't permanently mess up your settings...

#11 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:47 PM

Ok so I have not so far unstuck it. Oh well. It doesn't bother me much as I don't use that feature, but there is a bug here. Either a bug in the side affect, or a bug in that it's a really obscure UI feature that controls this. Hopefully someone at Oaktree can try to locate the issue in a dev environment.

Tx

D

12GB RAM

#12 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:01 PM

Ok this is interesting. I don't have issues with GNT-TIS either. I have now got a PDF (of GNT28) where it switches from left-justified to centered and back at different points. It looks like its related to the paragraph breaks in some way. It looks like centered alignment starts where the paragraph break is within a verse. If it conincides with a verse its ok. Matt 1 shows this behaviour, when using Paragraphs with Space. Seems to vary with book - acts and john are badly affected - ie. centered in PDF, while matt is only partially so.

I cannot get further really in debugging this without code and a debugger. What's really odd is that I don't believe there is any setting anywhere for changing the justification. There is in user notes and tools, but not that I know of in texts. Hmmm....

Anyhow, back to vocab.

Thx
D

12GB RAM

#13 jsunbeam

jsunbeam

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:02 PM

Hmm. Is there someone we should notify about this bug?

#14 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:05 PM

Ken is on the Acc team and others watch this forum. This topic ought to be moved to Bug Swatters but I don't have the privs. One of them could do it. The alternative is to open a Bug Swatters post on this and point to this topic from the new one. You can do that if you like. I'm hoping they'll notice and move it for us :)

Thx

D

12GB RAM

#15 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 11,873 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:03 AM

It's the verse 0 title that seems to set the entire text to center-aligned. I don't think it's the paragraphs at all. If you pull up Jn 1:0-10 it happens every time.

I will move it to bug reports, and notify the team.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#16 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:10 AM

Many thanx Helen.

D

12GB RAM

#17 jsunbeam

jsunbeam

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

Interesting. Thanks, Helen!

#18 jsunbeam

jsunbeam

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:29 PM

I'd like to rehash this topic, because I am trying to print the NA28 text but it is once again center justifying everything. I have set my text range to 1 John 1-5. I haven't started with verse 0. Any ideas on how to fix this? I have also upgraded to Accordance 11.

#19 rpavich

rpavich

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:18 AM

I'd like to rehash this topic, because I am trying to print the NA28 text but it is once again center justifying everything. I have set my text range to 1 John 1-5. I haven't started with verse 0. Any ideas on how to fix this? I have also upgraded to Accordance 11.

Just for fun I just checked this with your range (1 John 1-5)and it does the same for me; center aligned. I'm running Accordance 11 and Yosemite 10.10.2.

But I also did the range that was referred to previously; (John 1-10) and it aligned fine once I flipped the view to verses and back to paragraphs with space.

Edited by rpavich, 19 January 2015 - 04:19 AM.

Macbook Pro Retina 15"

MacOS Sierra Beta

iPad IOS 10

Accordance 12.0.0

#20 Ken Simpson

Ken Simpson

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,483 posts
  • Interests:My grandsons Micah and Nate!
    Astronomy
    Archaeology
    Physics
    Hebrew and Greek
    Papyrology
    Orthopædic Surgery
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:13 AM

Just for fun I just checked this with your range (1 John 1-5)and it does the same for me; center aligned. I'm running Accordance 11 and Yosemite 10.10.2.

But I also did the range that was referred to previously; (John 1-10) and it aligned fine once I flipped the view to verses and back to paragraphs with space.

The flipping didn’t work for me, I had to exclude v0 from the range by specifying 1:1 as the first verse. Then it previewed perfectly

Regards
Ken
Lead Australian Accordance Demonstrator
Administrator, Accordance Exchange
Assistant Minister, Summer Hill Church

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: print, left, justified, centered, alignment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users