iWatch

Timothy Jenney

Ok, everyone, how do you think we could squeeze Accordance onto an iWatch? What feature(s) would you really like to see? Which ones would you use the most?

[Note: this is just for fun :-)]

• Like 3

For those of us with aging eyes the only way would be to have Siri to answer questions. Example: Read John 3.

• Like 1

Verse of the day, catechism questions and answers, vocab flash card...

• Like 3

Bible Art/photo modules to custom watch face display....

-Dan

Edited by Dan Francis

Actually, being able to pull up a Bible passage from a couple versions doesn't sound that outlandish....

Clock face with hands made up of changing Hebrew and Greek verses being read back in a variety of voices. I like Tony's suggestion, can you imagine Tweetie pie reading lxx? And a really gentle voice on the alarm reading comfortable words.

;o)

• Like 3

Verse of the day, catechism questions and answers, vocab flash card...

The vocab flash card thing actually sounds pretty good!

• Like 2

I'm wondering how you hold the thing. On a phone you use one hand - leaving the other phone free for that other essential item - coffee ! With the Apple Watch (it doesn't appear apple is calling it the iWatch whatever anyone else might think) it's strapped to one arm and you either have some pretty miraculous fingers or you need to use the other hand, either for simplified touch actions or on the crown wheel. And where do you put your coffee ? I wonder if you end constantly pulling it off your wrist to hold it and then putting it back on.

Hmmm.....

Thx

D

• Like 1

Ellen DeGeneres: "So excited for the Apple Watch. For centuries, we’ve checked the time by looking at our phones. Having it on your wrist? Genius."

• Like 3

I'm wondering how you hold the thing. On a phone you use one hand - leaving the other phone free for that other essential item - coffee ! With the Apple Watch (it doesn't appear apple is calling it the iWatch whatever anyone else might think) it's strapped to one arm and you either have some pretty miraculous fingers or you need to use the other hand, either for simplified touch actions or on the crown wheel. And where do you put your coffee ? I wonder if you end constantly pulling it off your wrist to hold it and then putting it back on.

Hmmm.....

Thx

D

All real coffee drinkers have their coffee strapped to their back in a camelbak pack! LOL! B):)

• Like 1

And then presumably the Watch has a gauge indicating when the supply is getting low.

Very good. Now I can buy one :)

Thx

D

Hmmm.....

Thx

D

NO NO you where it face down so you can hold your phone and look at your watch all at the same time operating the watch with your thumb while you use your middle finger to operate your iPhone. :lol:

I still want a Dick Tracy watch. Video calling on my wrist! :-)

• Like 1

Patience dr j. The way technology is moving, you probably only have 2 or 3 years longer to wait!

;o)

Forget Dick Tracy watches and Google Glass!

As a sci-fi buff, I keep wondering when we will be able to install bio-tech ports directly into our heads, bypassing our eyes, ears, and hands altogether. The newest iPhone would just plug into the port.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

The ideal use for the iWatch Accordance is app is to use Siri to locate verses instantly and either read it or display it.  There is already an iWatch Bible App called Esv.  It is very good.  It reads the passage aloud from the iPhone or displays on the iWatch screen (one can of course adjust the size of the text on an iWatch for those who may find the screen hard to read).  Of course, you have to locate it in a rather tedious manner on the iWatch by locating the book first, then the chapter and the verse.  Why should not accordance have that feature?  Displaying Greek or Hebrew text as well should pose no problem.

But the most important feature that this app does not have and that is extremely powerful is to be able to speak a passage or phrase and have it be located instantly through accordance and displayed.

• Like 1

I’m not sure I’d want to be reading verses from my Apple Watch ️ I’d rather just open my phone.

Here are my top 10 (in no specific order). Some taken from this thread.

1. Have scripture read to us.
  2. a custom accordance watch face
  3. vocabulary flash cards (specifically Hebrew and Greek if you have purchased BDAG and HALOT)
  4. verse of the day - randomly chosen from both OT & NT
  5. book recommendation for the week
  6. Have Siri find verses on your iPhone
  7. Ability to take notes from your watch by voice commands that would be logged into your phone and then the ability to transfer to Accordance on MacOS.
  8. catechism questions and answers
  9. Bible drill with Siri
  10. Daily Bible memorization and reminders

Forget Dick Tracy watches and Google Glass!

As a sci-fi buff, I keep wondering when we will be able to install bio-tech ports directly into our heads, bypassing our eyes, ears, and hands altogether. The newest iPhone would just plug into the port.

A true SF buff would call SF "SF", and not "Sci-Fi!" You, sir, are an Amateur