Interlinear functionality

Susan

I saw this last requested for iOS >18 mo ago with no plans to implement it. Is there any more recent development? (I'm really interested in Hebrew only, but I'm sure others would love the Greek too.)

I saw this last requested for iOS >18 mo ago with no plans to implement it. Is there any more recent development? (I'm really interested in Hebrew only, but I'm sure others would love the Greek too.)

Ancient Greek is extremely important for the understanding of the Old Testament, too - mainly because of the Septuagint. It is not just a translation, but more like a different version of the Old Testament with significant theological differences. Even though I focus mainly on Semitic languages (Hebrew and Akkadian in particular) in my work, I always make sure I don't forget my Greek either. Additionally, knowing Ancient Greek gives you the opportunity to read the Odyssey, the Iliad, Platon, Aristoteles et cetera and of course the New Testament in the original language. All good stuff!

With kind regards

Pchris

No recent developments. Our focus has been on some other more foundational features which will be included in an upcoming update. Once that is out, we have very ambitious plans. One step at a time. :)

• Like 3

Ancient Greek is extremely important for the understanding of the Old Testament, too - mainly because of the Septuagint. It is not just a translation, but more like a different version of the Old Testament with significant theological differences. Even though I focus mainly on Semitic languages (Hebrew and Akkadian in particular) in my work, I always make sure I don't forget my Greek either.

Thanks, agreed 100%. Actually the reason I'm not interested in the Greek interlinear is because I read Greek just fine and wouldn't use that format. :-)

Edited by Susan Mackie
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Is there a 2016 update to this request?

If so, what level of functionality will the interlinear have?

Will it be in word order of the original language or will it be a reverse interlinear

Will it have multiple lines as an option to include the gloss, key number, etc. (prefer to let the existing "instant details" window address this) 

As this has been raised, I will repeat my plea for a limited interlinear functionality on ios.

Yesterday we had our patronal vision day and the ipad is ideal for these sessions. In a lot of cases its quick enough to explore the occurence, definition and number for a word but what i really miss is a very basic interlinear functionality for both the hebrew and greek texts (or alternatively for a tagged translation).

I appreciate that ios will never be as fully fledged as the full os version, but we really need a basic tool as ios is so immediate and portable and ideal for parish events while the only viable alternative is something like a surface pro.

Thanks.

• Like 1