Anchor Bible New Testament quandary: version 1.2 versus 1.0

Michael J. Bolesta

I was struck by this on the website: "Update 10/8/14: The FREE update to 1.2 adds new functionality for Accordance v. 11. However, for users who purchased this module prior to 5/14/14, it REMOVES the volume on Matthew (due to licensing). If you wish to retain Matthew, DO NOT update. Otherwise, remove the module from your library and use Easy Install to get the latest version."

So for those of us with Matthew have to choose between retained a volume and functionality? What exactly are we giving up? In other modules, one could keep old and new. :(

There are new features for 11 that will not work with the old version, such as: the automatic sorting into categories, and the ability to combine it with other modules of the same series in a parallel Reference Tool pane. I think having Matthew is worth more.

• Like 1

I do not wish to give up Matthew (I do use this volume in the module), but grieve the loss of functionality. Hopefully Matthew can be returned to the set.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am resurrecting this old thread, since Update is prompting me to update from Anchor Bible New Testament (Anchor-NT) version 1.0 to 1.3

The page on the Accordance store has not been updated to reflect this version: http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Anchor-NT

It warns that upgrading to 1.2 will delete the Matthew commentary. While it is not the greatest commentary, I do not think I am ready to part with it just yet.

Please clarify: does 1.3 contain Matthew? What does 1.3 offer that 1.0 does not?

Thanks.

There is apparently no prospect of Matthew by Albright and Mann being licensed to us. A new commentary is in preparation but that will take years. We do want everyone to take advantage of the corrections and functional updates in the Anchor-NT. Therefore we have removed those warnings, and we do encourage everyone to upgrade the module.

Anyone who purchased the original Anchor-NT with Matthew should have received an email this week stating that a separate volume of Matthew has been added to their account and can be installed by Easy Install. If you have any issues with this, please write to the orders department. We cannot make this volume available to anyone else, sorry!

• Like 1

Thanks Helen. I did not receive an email, but the Matthew volume appeared in Easy Install. Now I am current. Wonderful service as ever. The LORD bless you and all the folks at Accorance.

• Like 1