Workspaces

mrderek

Hi there

I have two questions.

1. I'm using accordance on a Windows computer and a mac computer. I notice that on my Mac computer, I have a display bar of important functions on the top of my screen. But on my Windows computer, that bar is only on the main window opened with the application and not on every workspace. Is it possible to have this bar appear on every workspace?

2. Also, it seems like the original workspace opened on Windows keeps the application opened and you can't close it (unlike Mac where you can close all workspaces but still have the application opened). Is it possible to open a new workspace on Windows and close the original workspace that was opened with the application? This will mean that I don't always need to have two workspaces opened on Windows.

Thanks

I've been told that this is a limitation of Windows. Apparently, it is only possible for individual windows to have their own toolbars if the windows never interact with each other. Since many folks like to link/tie across workspaces, this wasn't really an option. (For comparison, Excell--at least the version my church has--opens all the spreadsheets into one window, so you can interact with them)

If you close all the zones/tabs of the main workspace, AND the Instant Details zone, you should be able to do File>Open, select a workspace, and have it open in the empty main workspace. If it doesn't work the first time, try again. I found this to be inconsistent for me, until I twigged to needing to have the Instant Details pane closed. If memory serves, making sure it was closed solved my problem. But I don't have access to the church's windows machine at the moment to check.

I know of no way to close the main workspace and keep Accordance running on Windows.

Lorinda