Yosemite bugs

Fabian

My problems are related to starting Acc with workspace set to last session. I always get the message that the last workspace cannot be found and that Acc will open a default workspace. Trying to apply a default workspace for startup in preferences does not work either. Opening a workspace seems fine, though.

Oh, and I have now more crashes than in my entire time since starting with Accordance.

Edited by Boris Repschinski

Boris, can you zip up and post a copy of your Preferences/Accordance Preferences/Startup Session.accord?

Joel, are you wanting us to post the files here on the forum or email them directly to technical support?

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Please email the files to support and they will be passed on to Joel, thanks.

Please also see this thread, as it may be a corrupt General settings file.

There is no startup session.accord file in the folders where Joel told me to look. I looked also in the library at root level. And I should add that I have this problem on both my computers.

Edited by Boris Repschinski

Please try renaming the user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/General file. You will need to register and validate. If that works, compress and send us the bad file.

• Like 1

Please try renaming the user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/General file. You will need to register and validate. If that works, compress and send us the bad file.

When I did this, the validation did away with many of my preferences (like not showing opening screen, use of Greek polytonic keyboard, etc).

Yes, that is inevitable, and we are trying hard to track down the cause of the problem.

Yes, that is inevitable...

Ouch! Caveat emptor.

I have emailed 'general' and 'workspace' files with some additional notes to Technical Support.

Thank you for your determined effort in trying to sort this out, especially since it is now the weekend.

Have done this, and the suggestion worked.

Helen's suggestion has worked for me - although its a bit temperamental.

At least I can open my favourite workspace without Accordance crashing.

The only relief I found was a complete re-install after removing Accordance with Appzapper. That removes pretty much everything except the directory in the user's document folder.

The only weirdness I have experienced since is the red close button will work if there are more than one Accordance window open. However, it will not close the last window.

Other than that all seems well.

One more bug.

If I write a verse numbering or a word that doesn't exist then comes the pop-up window and with [enter] it does't close. Only by clicking with the cursor on the O.K.

Greetings

Fabian

post-32723-0-42441600-1414335110_thumb.png

Update: This behavior is in all pop-ups. That they at the moment don't go away with an [enter]-click.

This is normal Mac behavior for dialog boxes. You can only dismiss them by clicking one of the buttons.

The current version available in the App store is 10.4.4. However, when I "Check for app update" from within accordance I get "You're up to date! Accordance 10.4.3.2 is the current version."

Is there a 10.4.4 or is this a typo in the App Store?

JD

As I understand it, neither. The app store version 10.4.4 is exactly the same as the non-app-store 10.4.3.2. But there are App store reasons why the version number has to be higher. There are no newer released versions than the one you have.

We are however working very hard on the v11 upgrade, and there is a 10.4.5 update in the works too.

• Like 1

Apple doesn't allow x.x.x.x version numbering, so we had to call it 10.4.4 instead of 10.4.3.2, but they are identical.

The good news is that we've identified an easy workaround for anyone having trouble opening workspaces, showing the Library, and launching the program. Simply go to Preferences -> General -> and *uncheck* the "Suppress opening splash screen". That is, be sure to show the splash screen when opening the program.

We've fixed the issue in 10.4.5, currently in final testing, but this workaround should help in the meantime. Please let us know if it works for you!

As a friendly reminder for the 'freeze upon closing the last workspace' - Remember that if you actually want to quit the program, simply type Command-Q or select 'Quit' from the 'Accordance' menu. However, If you are trying to close your last window, as you are about to open a new one, the program is just fine, simply the last window won't close until another one is opened. So, simply select File -> New Workspace to keep working.

Good news Joel, I'm sure it was a real pain for it to happen just before the launch of v.11.

Anyway, I'm just glad that its sorted.

Thanks again.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

After my clean install, Accordance opens as expected for me whether that is checked or unchecked.

*** Addendum

I did discover that with the "Suppress opening splash screen" checked it started up OK but when I tried to open a library sidebar, it crashed.

Edited by Greg Terry

Joel's temporary fix has helped a lot with being able to open workspaces.

However, I've noticed that the search function within the library modules no longer works.

Paul, what doesn't work about it? Text isn't entered, modules aren't found? Also, is your Library a zone or an overlay window/popover?