Yosemite bugs

Fabian

Joel, previously if I merely had the cursor within a word in the text I could use the search icon beside the library modules to search for that word. Now I have to have the word completely selected for the search to take place (otherwise the icon remains greyed out).

I hope I'm explaining myself well enough.

The library is in a zone.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

I should add that this issue is only on my Macbook Air where most of my Yosemite bugs are; not on my iMac.

Paul, I believe this is a preference. Take a look at Preferences -> General -> Require selection for amplifying

My guess is that your two computers have this preference set differently - it sounds like you want this unchecked.

Excellent - its sorted.

Thanks Joel.

One bug that I have in Yosemite:

Every time I click the red dot to close my workspace, it doesn't close. It just hangs there. I have to manually go to the dock, right-click on Accordance, and choose quit. Gone are the days when I could close the workspace while Accordance continues to run in the background. I hope that gets fixed in the next update.

Parker, from my previous post, this should help your experience until the update is released:

As a friendly reminder for the 'freeze upon closing the last workspace' - Remember that if you actually want to quit the program, simply type Command-Q or select 'Quit' from the 'Accordance' menu. However, If you are trying to close your last window, as you are about to open a new one, the program is just fine, simply the last window won't close until another one is opened. So, simply select File -> New Workspace to keep working.

Hello

Now I want import a User Bible and Accordance says that I can't set </sup> on the end of the text because the <sup> is missing.

Mmmh you see on the pic, that this is set too.

Greetings

Fabian

post-32723-0-33271300-1414682353_thumb.png

Edited by Fabian

When I will by a User Bible the long Name above the other white field write. Then If I will backspace for a false caracter then the Backspace goes one right like the arrow right. The arrow left goes also right ->.

Greetings

Fabian

Problem half solved:

If I had the Yosemite settings on german or swiss-german then the problem is gone. Only in Schwiizertüütsch as default settings it's a bug, same in my first post with the shortcut problems of Safari.

Greetings

Fabian

This is normal Mac behavior for dialog boxes. You can only dismiss them by clicking one of the buttons.

Sorry Helen

But that is not true. Look my post above. With other default settings, now it works like before.

But the problem with the <sup> and <br> is not solved now. This can be an Accordance bug.

Edited by Fabian

Accordance does not work well in Yosemite.

Can you be any more specific? I haven't updated to Yosemite yet, but it seems like the only bug that's consistently affecting everyone is the radio button issue that Accordance is already fixing. Have you had other issues too?

Jonathan, on certain machines (my macbook air) there was an initial problem with opening and closing workspaces as well some library issues. It would appear that Joel's temporary fix (apply splash screen) appears to have solved most of them except the red button on the last window that's open. I can't speak for everyone but the fix has really helped. I'd still like to see an update for the present version before updating to v.11. But I'm assured that the Accordance team are working hard to that end.

Hello

Now I want import a User Bible and Accordance says that I can't set </sup> on the end of the text because the <sup> is missing.

Mmmh you see on the pic, that this is set too.

Greetings

Fabian

Now I have delete both tags and then Accordance brings another pop-up with the same failure in another place. But not every <sup></sup> only some...

Greetings

Fabian

Ah I see, only when it has « » in the same Line.

Also a bug when « » and </sup> are in the same verse.

Edited by Fabian

Please try renaming the user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/General file. You will need to register and validate. If that works, compress and send us the bad file.

Helen's suggestion solved my 'opening of workspace' issues.

Thanks for that

Peter

Can you be any more specific? I haven't updated to Yosemite yet, but it seems like the only bug that's consistently affecting everyone is the radio button issue that Accordance is already fixing. Have you had other issues too?

I really don't want to be specific; mostly I want to register as one more whose use of Accordance is hampered in Yosemite. And I was alluding, although obscurely, that my posting here takes place two weeks after the issue arose. I would have expected an all points bulletin in this time.

Hello

Sometimes Accordance is "Freezing" with Yosemite.

Greetings

Fabian

• 3 weeks later...

Now I have delete both tags and then Accordance brings another pop-up with the same failure in another place. But not every <sup></sup> only some...

Greetings

Fabian

I found out that Accordance has problems to find the <sup> </sup> in the User Bible .txt made with TextWrangler and to solve this I must add a second <sup> = <sup><sup> then Accordance recognize it. Only to delete the <sup> and write new brings no better solutions.

But, I have test it to import as User Bible and now Accordance 11.0.2 don't display the superscripts. (And for you guys: yes its on in the display settings).

Greetings

Fabian

• 2 weeks later...

My upgrade to Accordance 11 and Yosemite has not really been a happy one, as Accordance frequently freezed. I hope this bug can be fixed shortly.

best wishes to the developers

Hallur

Hm. Looks like I won't be upgrading to Yosemite any time soon..

I have had no problems to speak of with Yosemite or Accordance 11. Hate it that a few others are however, but the support folk at Accordance are more than capable of helping!

Bob

My experience as well, Bob. Apple threw everyone, including Accordance, for a loop by making changes to the OS that weren't in the last release of the beta, I think. Since the updates to Accordance and Yosemite, it's smooth sailing here. My sync recognition problems seem to be resolved by an Accordance-Mac tweak (thanks, Mike). No major issues at all at this point.

Is there an occasional crash? Yes. But is usually when I have a lot, really a lot, of stuff going on. Multiple windows with lots of tabs and panes in each. And lots of other applications open, too. All running on a MacBook Air – great little machine but hardly a professional one. And the crashes are rare. Most of us have one application or another crash from time to time, including Apple applications like Mail and Safari.

I am one of those who complained earlier about trouble with Yosemite and Accordance 11. I am now running OS X 10.1 and Accordance 11 0.2. It's smooth sailing now.

I've been running Accordance 11 since it launched and just upgraded to Yosemite about a week ago. It's been fine so far.

I know I am a paid political announcement, but I can’t think of any particular Yosemite issues at all. There are (of course) some obscurish bugs we are working on I understand, but I haven’t had an issue on MacOS since 11.02 came out.