New International Commentary on the Old Testament (NICOT)

cvensel

Is there an electronic version of NICOT on any platform or with any other Bible software? I don't recall seeing one. If no one else has this, it would be a great boost for Accordance to be the only software with NICOT available (and NICNT while we're at it).

Is there an electronic version of NICOT on any platform or with any other Bible software? I don't recall seeing one. If no one else has this, it would be a great boost for Accordance to be the only software with NICOT available (and NICNT while we're at it).

Robb

Just searched the offerings at Logos, and they do not have either set. Since I only use Accordance and Logos, I can't speak for any other publisher.

Jack

So far Eerdmans are not willing to license this to any software publisher. We would be first in line if we knew they were willing to do so, sorry everyone!

So far Eerdmans are not willing to license this to any software publisher. We would be first in line if we knew they were willing to do so, sorry everyone!

Off the record, could Accordance users do anything to try to persuade Eerdmans to change their stance on this?

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the last 2 weeks? No there is no further update, and in any case, we tend to announce new modules when we see the light at the end of the tunnel in terms of actually releasing them, not while the ink is still wet on the contract.

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised to see these come out for Logos

• 5 months later...

Any chance there's been some level of progress on NICOT or NICNT? Sorry if I'm being a pest, but it will likely take me a year to save up for it.

We haven't yet signed on the dotted line, but I believe we are close to a contract. Then it may be a while before we have the modules ready. Remember, we don't do vaporware (usually, anyway).

We haven't yet signed on the dotted line, but I believe we are close to a contract. Then it may be a while before we have the modules ready. Remember, we don't do vaporware (usually, anyway).

Totally understand and appreciate the lack of vaporware. I would just like to express the helpful nature of a very long, but not necessarily accurate, lead time to help motivate specific saving patterns (and negotiation of budget) for what is sure to be as much, if not more then any current commentary offering.

Archived