Copying Diagram To Word Processor

jwritebol

I have recently been using the diagramming tool in Accordance quite frequently due to a Greek Exegesis course I am taking at a local seminary. Yesterday I was responsible to diagram Philippians 2:1-4 and submit my diagram for class. Once I finished my diagram, which covered multiple pages in the tool itself I tried to save it as a PICT file and import it into Pages so that I could add a few things there. The problem is the PICT file only included the first "page" of the diagram.

I tried to print directly from Accordance, and once again I only got the first page. Even when I do a Command-A and select the entire diagram, and then use the Copy/Paste features it only brings the first page of the diagram over. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be great.

Jeremy,

I tried opening a long diagram which I've done of Colossians 1:9-12 and printing, copying and pasting, saving as a PICT file, etc. It appears that if the diagram runs across multiple pages horizontally, then the entire diagram will appear when printed, copied, or saved. If, however, the diagram runs across multiple pages vertically, everything below the first set of pages will not appear. This is definitely a bug which we need to fix.

In the meantime, you can get around this problem by going to Page Setup and choosing a page size with a higher vertical dimension, such as US Legal or Tabloid. After that, copy, print, or paste again and you should see all of your diagram.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy,

I've never tried to print one of my diagrams directly from Accordance. I always use Preview. I've found that my diagrams all work fine when I first do a print preview of them, even ones that are vertically oriented. I have a diagram on Rom 5:12-21 that I did vertically and the output looked great.

As far as getting it into Pages, I've never tried that until now, and I get the same results described by you and David. But if you just need to print, Preview might work for you. You always could scan them after you print them and bring them into Pages that way as a workaround until this bug gets fixed.

Guys, thanks for your help. I have tried to print it via Preview and still only got the top page of it (as David suggested) so I enlarged the page area to a tabloid size and was able to print it that way. I will keep my eyes open for an update on that.

Thanks for the great software, it has really made studying Greek easier, especially with all the various tools that are available for that. I appreciate it.

Archived