User note window pane tab options

Marco79

Greetings,

It use to be that you could completely set up your reading experience and have the windows do what ever you want when you click on a user note link. I use to be able to have a user note tab or pane to the right of my scripture reading and have full control when I clicked a user note link. I could have it open another window or have it go over to the tab or pane to the right and bring up the user note. All this with the ability to tie or untie the tab or pane.

As it is now, I can not figure out how to have a user note tab or pane on the right, and have it go to my scripture link and still have the ability to untie it. Or be able to scroll through the scripture reading on the left with out having the user notes moving everywhere while i am scrolling. I can untie it but then when I click a user note tag in my scripture reading it opens the note on the bottom. Am I missing something here? It seams we have lost some control over the windows and panes etc.

We should be able to untie the user notes window on the side so it does not scroll but still have it click to the user note location when we click a tag in the scripture reading. Or hit the recycle button according to if we want another window to be used as the user note link. That is how it use to work in previous versions.

Anyways, I hope I explained this right. Thanks for your patience with me.

Marco

Marco, I believe you are confusing the principles of 'tie' and 'recycle'. Tie two tabs together to have them scroll in sync, but mark a tab for Recycle if you want to reuse it as the destination of a search or hyperlink. So, it sounds like you want your text window to *not* tie to your text, but you do want it to recycle so it is reused.

Yes, that's correct. Can we do that? Can I have the option to hyper link to a user note on the side of my scripture reading with out having it tied? The tie or untie option is still nice if it is there though.

I use to be able to have my user notes up on the right to read and study and scroll the bible where ever I wanted on the left with out moving the user notes. Then when I wanted to click on a hyper link in the scripture reading the user note on the right would go to that link. Is that still possible?

Thanks

Edited by Marco79