What new features would you like to see in Accordance?

tony10000

While we are waiting for Accordance 11, what new features would you like to see in future versions?

• Like 1

First and foremost I'd really like to see texts from - and literature about - the Ancient Near East above anything really; more specifically the things requested at this thread:

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13279

It isn't exactly features per se, but if these items are to be implemented someday, then I'd really like to see the texts in question get tagged to corresponding grammars, dictionaries, literature and so on.

With kind regards

Pchris

*EDIT*

Oh, and I guess I'd still like the option to toggle between the perfect/imperfect and qatal/yiqtol systems in searches, even though the idea was ultimately dismissed due to programming issues:

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13677

Still, a guy can dream though, right? :)

Edited by Pchris
  • Like 1

A more efficient [faster] way to alternate between fonts in User Notes, particularly without having to run the full menu. I change often between Helena, Yehudit, Rosetta, and Lucida Grande. MSWord for example, keeps the most recently used fonts at the top of the menu. Perhaps some keyboard short cuts, which do work with bold and italics.

Schuyler, those capabilities are coming sooner than you may expect ::cough::

• Like 6

I would like the ability to set up an automatic filter to visually highlight different grammatical forms in the original texts and their corresponding translations so that when I look at a text I can see in an instant where the verbs are, etc. Is that lazy?

Do you mean something like this? While it’s not automatic, it doesn’t take long using searches, highlights and the shift key.

post-29509-0-64652000-1415134692_thumb.png

Edited by Ken Simpson
  • Like 1

That's really close. Thanks for pointing that out. It would be great if the marks could be connected with the tags to the English translation also.

And you only have to do it once.

You can’t currently connect to the English, as there are no part-of-speech markers associated with the keyed texts.

I would like to have automatic display of the text when mousing over a reference without having to do a CTL-ALT (Windows).

Tony, if I hover over a scripture reference on Mac or Windows, the text immediately appears in my instant details. If I don't have instant details up, I can simply click and hold for a 1/4 second and the content appears. Why do you need Control and Alt?

• Like 1

Accordance as a cerebral implant, maybe by version 27?

...Someone's a science fiction fan!

Tony, if I hover over a scripture reference on Mac or Windows, the text immediately appears in my instant details. If I don't have instant details up, I can simply click and hold for a 1/4 second and the content appears. Why do you need Control and Alt?

I usually don't have Instant Details up since I am on a notebook with small screen. I did not know about the "click and hold" option, so that is good to know. Coming from Logos, I guess I am used to the "hover and see" functionality and that is what I prefer.

Tony, you can detach your instant details and set it to fade in the Preferences. This way you can position it wherever you like on the screen, hover over any instant details content to see the information, but then it will fade away when not being used. Should be pretty close to what you want :)

Tony, you can detach your instant details and set it to fade in the Preferences. This way you can position it wherever you like on the screen, hover over any instant details content to see the information, but then it will fade away when not being used. Should be pretty close to what you want :)

That is another good option, but I think that I can make "click and hold" work for me. Thanks, Joel!

• 2 months later...

At the good input of this forum, I've created various "highlight styles" for various topics. That works well if I want to search for all the verses where I've applied that highlighting style.

But, suppose I've given a special highlight style to a verse and now come across it. I can't easily see the style description.

Would it be possible to show the highlight description in "instant details"?

Thanks,

Rick

I can't think of anything glaring that I'd want except certain modules; Dr. James White being one but really, as far as functionality...I'm really happy.

How about a 90% off sale for 24 hours? I need a few things... :)