Easy-to-Read Version

Daniel R

I would love it if the Easy-to-Read Version was available on Accordance. (I mentioned this yesterday on another post and thought it should properly go here.)

The ERV is a great meaning-based translation that has been around since the 1970's and has been ahead of its time in many respects, like gender neutrality. I hope this translation (and its Spanish counter-part, La Palabra de Dios para Todos) will be available on Accordance one of these days.

We've had a license to develop this for a while, but it keeps getting pushed back with other priority projects. But, we will get to it sooner than later. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

I think its fair to add 3 +1's to this post based on this post from September http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13388

The ERV has been the basis of the English Version for the Deaf, the International Children's Version, and the New Century Version. While regular NCV users might find some differences between the NCV and the updated 2004 ERV, they are by-and-large the same English translation. I hope NCV users enjoy the ERV on Accordance when its available.