Retina Display issues in Parallels 10.1.1 (Acc 10.4.5)

Elliot Taylor

Hi,

I'd like to raise questions on a few items:

1# Accordance 10.4.5 on Retina Display in Parallels 10.1.1: Every program I run in Win7/Win8 is clear/crisp except for Accordance. Is this a programming issue or inherent limitation? See Screen Shot

2# Add Parallel Feature: The flyout menu for "Add Parallel" in Win8 only pops out to the right, which forces me to either have to minimize or move entire Acc workspace to utilize this feature. See Screen Shot

3# Accordance Workspace extends beyond Win8/Win7 screen. Unfortunately, I constantly have to re-size or shut down and re-open Acc until I can grab the workspace and fit it into the Win7/Win8 screen to begin work. This problem seems to be intermittent. No screen shot.

Hope these issues can be resolved...

Blessings in Christ!

- Elliot

post-20101-0-43722800-1415304972_thumb.png

post-20101-0-73229400-1415305020_thumb.png

I realize that the screenshot with multiple applications open (Adobe, Logos, Accordance) does not quite capture the difference in screen resolution. But on the Retina MBP it is clearly evident.

- Elliot T.

Elliot - I have to ask, why are you not running Accordance directly in the Mac? A native program will always work better than a virtualized one.

Elliot, in regard to issue #1, are you using the same base font for texts in both Bible programs?

Rick,

Thanks,

fonts are same - it's a resolution issue, change of fonts doesn't address the problem.

Joel,

Fair question: I wear multiple hats ( pastor, instructor, admin, etc.) and at times necessarily work in both environments. I use Win7/Win8 for specific applications (e.g., MS Publisher, Access, QuickBooks, etc.). Also when training/assisting others who run Accordance in Windows, it's more efficient to mirror their native environment (easier to stick with Windows commands, shortcuts, etc. - since not everything is dropdown/menu accessible)

Bottom Line: Nearly all of my other programs/applications in Parallels display the Retina screen resolution just fine. So this still begs the question... Is this a programming issue that can be resolved or is it an inherent, ongoing issue with running Acc through Parallels?

Well, thanks for filling in. We certainly can't guarantee how Apple-specific behavior (Retina) behaves with Accordance in a virtualized Windows environment. However, one of the features of Accordance 11 for Windows was support for HiDPI PC screens, like those found on many tablets. My guess and hope is this will also solve your issue.