Accordance 11 Problems

tony10000

When I booted into Accordance 11, the screen came up for about three seconds and then it closed. It did this over and over again. I then reinstalled 11 and had the same problem.

After looking over the logs, I suspected that it had something to do with Dropbox. I deleted all of the Dropbox files and it worked fine. I then Unlinked from Dropbox

I then discovered that my User Tools would not open, so I deleted all of them and reinstalled them one by one. All was fine after that.

I tried to relink Dropbox so I can do some more testing. The Dropbox link feature seems to cause the program to lock and become unstable.

From the log:

Memory load (MB): 55% Physical: 3966 Avail: 1778
Free disk user (MB): 126622 All free: 126622
Accordance Version 11.0
Date & Time of first logged error message: 2014, Nov 7 5:34
LogUserID: loIkLut3G
DoDropboxEvent, DROPBOX_ERROR_REPORTING -- Payload Error Generic Http: :: 401

I'm having the same issue, though I didn't think it was connected with Dropbox. I unlinked Accordance to my dropbox via Dropbox's website and disabled syncing in Accordance. That seems to keep it more stable and it doesn't quit as much... but it still randomly crashes and quits from time to time. I haven't had a session of more than 10 minutes yet without Accordance quitting.

Edited by Jon Falkenstein

I'm experience frequent crashing as well. I'm uninstalling. Is there a way to do a full clean of Accordance quickly instead of searching the Reg? Is that necessary?

I'm looking into this. Some initial responses:

1. Do you all have automatic dropbox sync enabled? (Edit menu, Preferences, Syncing, Perform Sync:) If so, does changing 'Perform Sync:' to 'Manually' help? Possible answers: Totally, Some, Not at all.

2. Besides Tony10000, does anyone else have exception logs file contents they could post here?

3. Tony10000, that exception you posted is a diagnostic feedback (http error 401) from a Dropbox session, but itself is not directly related to a crash. Usually if there is a crash, there will be other exception entries recorded. Was that the only one?

4. Kevin, if you uninstall, you will get asked "Do you ant to remove all installed content, user files, preferences, and Accordance registry settings? ...", and if you click 'Yes', then the registry settings used by the program are removed. So you don't need to try and edit the registry manually.

Edited by Scott M

Hi Scott,

That was the only one from Accordance 11. As I said, deleting the Accordance Dropbox folder eliminated the problem and turning off sync entirely solves the instability issues. I was using auto sync and have not tried manual sync.

Tony, thanks for the feedback. Odd that there was no other exception logged. And in terms of the exception reports I've seen, your exception log is unique. (If that makes you feel special. :) )

If you have the time, I'd be curious if you were to re-enable the Dropbox link and just leave it on manual to see if it remains stable.

And to make sure I fully understand, this instability you had was typically when you first started the program, right?

Yep, it happened when I first fired it up...I will try slipping it into manual and do some more testing.

When I turned it back on last night during testing, it started downloading items to my Dropbox folder and then quit. The program froze and I had to kill it. No error logs, though. Very strange...

I am a new user and using Windows. Accordance crashes for me at startup whenever I have DropBox configured. I have yet to have had a failure with it turned off. Windows 7.

We think we found it. Should be fixed in the next update. Please retry the Dropbox when the new version is posted (timing above my pay grade :) ) and post here if there are any remaining issues.

• Like 1

Good job...I will see if I can find anything else or if anything else finds me! :-)

I found Dropbox sync very unreliable in version 10 as well, so I am wary of enabling it again.

I'm having frequent crashes of Accordance 11: very unstable. I'm using Mac Retina LT running Mavericks, OSX 10.9. From the thread above, I might disable Dropbox and see what happens.

I'm having frequent crashes of Accordance 11: very unstable. I'm using Mac Retina LT running Mavericks, OSX 10.9. From the thread above, I might disable Dropbox and see what happens.

Nope - that did NOT work: still crashing at very short intervals. Any suggestions out there? I've gone back to Accordance 10.4.3.5683 for the moment. Not all modules are accessible since upgrading to 11 but I can still get the basic features working and it's more stable for my studies. I'll be looking for suggestions and trying various options in the mean time.

Hi brownwell,

Were you able to pinpoint some specific event or action that may have caused the program to crash?

Hi brownwell,

Were you able to pinpoint some specific event or action that may have caused the program to crash?

No, nothing at the moment. It seems pretty random at this time. I've been watching to see if there is a praticular module open, action taken, etc. to determine a pattern. Nothing yet.

No, nothing at the moment. It seems pretty random at this time. I've been watching to see if there is a praticular module open, action taken, etc. to determine a pattern. Nothing yet.

Interesting. It looks like no more crashes for the moment. I've gone 24 hrs now and it's been stable. Can't explain it although I let it sit for Sunday while I was worshipping and teaching most of the day. When getting back to it in yesterday evening, it was still up and running. All through today, I've been busy with household chores, so I have not exercised the program, but it is still working. I'll have to see what happens in the future as I work with Accordance in my usual manner, using my routine modules and layouts. Till then ...

Edited by brownwell