Bug in version 11 Atlas

Wes Allen

Hi,

I'm loving Accordance 11 thus far, but I just ran into something interesting in the Atlas which I thought I should report.

When in the Atlas the UI elements are in my localization (English), but the map labels appear in Spanish (a localization I don't have set up on my Mac).

Even more interesting, when I just copied a label name so I could paste it into Google Translate (to be sure of the language the labels were appearing in), it copied English...

Screen shot should be attached...

post-29417-0-31007700-1415364238_thumb.png

Wes – I just checked and I'm seeing the same thing. Should we consider trying to pick up another language? :)

• Like 1

I have the same problem.

We'll be posting an update shortly to correct this issue. Apparently that Spanish localization is just too powerful for our puny English Atlas!

Spanish has some huge advantages –

• You don't have to learn a new alphabet.
  • Lots of places to go and resources available to learn it.
  • Lots of people around you speak it, so once you get a handle on it, you can find someone to help you practice.
  • It's pleasing to the ear.

But I'm in the middle of Hebrew. I just can't add something else right now. Maybe later?

• Like 1

I'll take that as a compliment :-)

The force is strong with this localization...

It is a beautiful language....

I have been meaning to attempt a new language....

No Spanish please :-)

• 3 weeks later...

This issue brings up an old request I had: Why not let the user choose the language of the map contents? I would prefer German names for example.