Cannot do content update

Malcolm Cox

Just got Acc 11. Tried a content update and get message: "Active internet connection not found. Please check your internet connection and try again." But I'm typing this forum post on the internet, so I do have it. Any ideas?

You may have blocked your IP on one server that still handles the text files that inform Accordance of the updates. It happened with earlier versions of Accordance (10.4.2). It should only last an hour or so, so please just check again.

Still a problem the next day. Could it have anything to do with the problems I've been having with wifi since a Yosemite update?

Malcolm, you may be experiencing issues due to an odd setting Apple enabled in Yosemite (and perhaps Mavericks?). Try to uncheck 'Auto Proxy Discovery' in System Preferences/Network/Advanced/Proxies, click 'OK' and then 'Apply.'

Does this help your connectivity?

Hi Joel,

had a look at that and it was already unchecked. Tried ticking the box anyway just to see, and now when I try easy install I get a different message: "Internet connection timed out - process cancelled."

Do you work in a network with a password protected proxy? I had this problem too when connecting in the university library, and so I had to ask the SysAd there to create an exception for the Accordance servers that have to do with updating.

Thanks for asking, Silver, but I'm on a home network, so I imagine that doesn't apply. Any other thoughts?

Hmmm. Seems it might have been the anti-virus software. Not certain. Turned it off, plugged in a network cable direct to the router and we're downloading fine now.