Thinking of Gettting accordance

techmate

Im looking at getting accordance software. I downloaded the demo and the interface was nice. But I have to admit the fonts looked pretty lousy. Not clean or smooth looking. Im thinking its just because the demo, because the videos I watched they looked fine.

Im looking at the library 7 premier package, but its a little pricey right now so if there are any sales coming Ill just wait and see if its a decent price at that time. I do have a logos original languages pack and am waiting for that to move over on the mac side. Who knows when thats going to be. It doesnt appear like its coming along very well. In the meantime Im dying here waiting for good bible software.

Are there any sales coming up that anyone knows of?

Whats the learning curve of this software? I know with logos I had to buy a video tutorial CD because there was just too much in the interface to have to learn.

If your fonts don't look right, then something's not right. If you did a clean install, not sure why that would be. It could be an issue with the install, or with your OS X setup. There is a "fontfixer" utility on the website.

Apparently, the Demo does have junky font display.

As for "waiting" for great bible software, your wait really should be over. Two years ago, Logos was in the planning stages of a Mac version and at the annual bible conferences had a big "Mac Version Is Here" banner (even though it wasn't). However, this year at the same conferences, they had no mention of anything, which makes it clear to me their plans fell through.

And which is more, it would surely be inferior to Accordance.

As for a learning curve, there is a DVD tutorial, but scanning the headlines on the Accordance blog would be the best way to find brief, thorough, well-done articles on more howtos than any of us could handle.

And whenever you'd have a question, just ask in the forums.

Cheers,

Joe

The demo fonts are ragged, though a few of the sizes are better. The fonts will be fine in the full program.

The demo fonts are ragged, though a few of the sizes are better. The fonts will be fine in the full program.

Thats kinda what I figured since the demos look ok. Thanks. I cant tell you how many times I watched the video demos. Its a little pricey for me right now. I will monitor the site and if any good offers come soon I will really consider it.

Remember you can start with the Intro level and upgrade it later, or even with the downloadable program and starter. You lose nothing by doing that.

If your fonts don't look right, then something's not right. If you did a clean install, not sure why that would be. It could be an issue with the install, or with your OS X setup. There is a "fontfixer" utility on the website.

Apparently, the Demo does have junky font display.

As for "waiting" for great bible software, your wait really should be over. Two years ago, Logos was in the planning stages of a Mac version and at the annual bible conferences had a big "Mac Version Is Here" banner (even though it wasn't). However, this year at the same conferences, they had no mention of anything, which makes it clear to me their plans fell through.

And which is more, it would surely be inferior to Accordance.

As for a learning curve, there is a DVD tutorial, but scanning the headlines on the Accordance blog would be the best way to find brief, thorough, well-done articles on more howtos than any of us could handle.

Joe

As a user of both Accordance and Logos, and a die-hard Mac user, I closely follow Libronix's efforts to launch a Mac version. The project has not "fallen through", but it appears that it will be a long-time before it is ready for production. Logos Mac is not even up to Alpha testing.

If I were a Mac user wanting good Bible software, I would not wait for Logos Mac. Besides, Joe is correct, Accordance will still be better. The only advantage of Logos is the wide variety of resources available.

Jack

Sell your Logos Original Languages Collection and put that money toward Accordance. I'm sure it would fetch an OK price on eBay, and you won't be using it anyways after you get Accordance. Just my 2 cents.

Archived