Unable to access Heb lexicons efficiently

Enoch

תהפכות BHS-W4 Proverbs 8:13.

I was looking up this word in Hebrew lexicons.

The triple click brought up BDB Complete, which shows in a little window with a down triangle/arrow head. To check the next lexicon, Halot, I clicked on the down arrow head, which listed my ~10 lexicons. But when I clicked Halot, I got a blank screen. Evidently no other Hebrew lexicon can be accessed with that down arrowhead menu.

So then I went to amplifiy, and was able to select another lexicon; this time Halot. So then again I went to the down arrowhead menu & tried DCH, but again I got the blank screen.

It is a bit inconvenient not to be able to access the lexicons one after the other quickly. As it is now, after I view a lexicon, to get to the next one I have to X out the existing one as the Amplify menu is greyed out until I do that. Then I have to use the amplify menu to get the next lexicon.

Enoch, after your blank screen, simply click in your entry box and type Enter to run the search and see your results for this new lexicon.

If you are also looking to compare multiple lexica at once, it may be more useful to do Amplify -> Research -> [Hebrew Lexicons], as this will open a single fast Research window where you can scroll through all results at once.

• Like 1

Enoch, after your blank screen, simply click in your entry box and type Enter to run the search and see your results for this new lexicon.

If you are also looking to compare multiple lexica at once, it may be more useful to do Amplify -> Research -> [Hebrew Lexicons], as this will open a single fast Research window where you can scroll through all results at once.

My Amplify menu does not have in its list "Research." Is this a new function of 11? I haven't yet downloaded 11 (giving it a week for the discovery of glitches).

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Enoch

Hi, Enoch!

"Research" is the new name for the old "Search All." Select the word, right-click to access the contextual menu, select Research>Hebrew lexicons.

If the word has a prefix or suffix, you won't be able to just double-click it. Click-and-drag to select the word you want to look up.

Edited by Timothy Jenney

Hi, Enoch!

"Research" is the new name for the old "Search All." Select the word, right-click to access the contextual menu, select Research>Hebrew lexicons.

If the word has a prefix or suffix, you won't be able to just double-click it. Click-and-drag to select the word you want to look up.

Thanks a lot for that info, Tim.

To where do I drag the word?

The rule excluding words with prefixes or suffixes, may exclude the majority of Hebrew words (defining a word as a string of letters with a space before & after it -- or punctuation immediately after) in a modern text.

Ah, no, you don't click and drag the word, but the cursor within the contextual menu: Research>Hebrew Lexicons.