Favourite Font Settings?

patrick senn

I like Helvetica Neue 16pt at 100% line spacing (i.e. double spaced). This allows me to use the induction study "highlighting" more effectively.

Hi Julie,

We have different needs as we get older, and saving our eyes is certainly one of the most important ones.

That being said, I hope you are willing to pay for a font if it is the right one for you. I would check out RamahU and NewJerusalemU from Linguist's Software at

https://www.linguistsoftware.com/lhebu.htm#NewJerusalemU

RamahU looks a bit wider than Ezra SIL and NewJerusalemU.

Regards,

Michel

Michel –

Thanks for the suggestions. We are retired. Lay-people. I'd spend $10 for a font. Not $100. Just not in the budget. Nice-looking font, however.

Julie

Chris and Daniel,

Thanks.

Ken,

Thanks for the details.

I just replaced the two original files with a new png file. It looks better, and it was much easier to do it your way than my round about way through several programs. I'll be Snipping from now on.

Julie,

I knew they were expensive. But they were also the widest ones I could think of.

I own their non-Unicode Laser Hebrew fonts. But I couldn't afford to upgrade to the Unicode ones. I myself have used Ezra SIL for over a decade now.

Regards,

Michel

Kit - each to his own. Do what works for you.

Michel - my pleasure.

P.S. do you live in Monet, Giverny? Ai-je raison? ça va?

P.S. do you live in Monet, Giverny? Ai-je raison? ça va?

Hi Ken,

With no smiley face after the French, I'm not sure if you're asking a serious question. :)

But, just in case, no, you are not right.

I did mention in another post that I live in rural southern Manitoba. But, I don't expect that you have read all of my posts, or remember them all if you did.

I mentioned in my Profile why we call our homestead Monet -

" I spend most of the time working on our homestead, named Monet, after μονή (a reference to John 14), and after the painter (a reference to our beautiful gardens)."

Visitors have said that our gardens look like some of Monet's paintings, but I am partial to the allusion to John 14.

Regards

Julie,

I knew they were expensive. But they were also the widest ones I could think of.

I own their non-Unicode Laser Hebrew fonts. But I couldn't afford to upgrade to the Unicode ones. I myself have used Ezra SIL for over a decade now.

Regards,

Michel

Yeah. The price is pretty steep. I think Ezra SIL will be fine. It's clearer and better sized than SBL-Hebrew. I'd rather spend discretionary dollars on Accordance modules.

I appreciate the suggestion, Michel. If money were no object . . . maybe.

Hi Ken,

With no smiley face after the French, I'm not sure if you're asking a serious question. :)

But, just in case, no, you are not right.

I did mention in another post that I live in rural southern Manitoba. But, I don't expect that you have read all of my posts, or remember them all if you did.

I mentioned in my Profile why we call our homestead Monet -

" I spend most of the time working on our homestead, named Monet, after μονή (a reference to John 14), and after the painter (a reference to our beautiful gardens)."

Visitors have said that our gardens look like some of Monet's paintings, but I am partial to the allusion to John 14.

Regards

Thanks Michel, just on the off chance. And now that I have read it, I appreciate your profile! I haven’t seen many on the forums that have that much info.

Thanks for all that.

Kit,

Are those your default icons on the toolbar or did you customize those? I ask because I still have the old style icons and really like yours. If those are the default now, any idea why I don't have them as options?

Thanks!

post-31238-0-40431100-1417016610_thumb.png

I design my own icons; and this project is on going. As I am a graphic designer, I am pretty stubborn on graphic design and user interface. The icons that are on the toolbar are still drafts and I hope I can get them finalized soon. Glad that you like mine.

Edited by Kit
  • Like 1

I haven’t seen many [Profiles] on the forums that have that much info.

Hi Ken,

I know discussing Member Profiles is off topic, and I don't want to hijack this thread. On the off chance that looks like it will be, you can move this to Forum Comments, Suggestions, or somewhere else.

First, my Profile is about as long as my longest posts. But at least it's buried in the Profile pages, and it is a voluntary read.

Second, the Accordance Forum feels like a small, tight-knit community. Reading each other's Profiles makes it feel even more so.

Third, the Profiles help us empathize with each other's posts.

And finally, I really enjoy reading the Profiles. Since I wish most of them were longer, I tried to set an example. :)

Regards,

Michel

• Like 1

Ezra SIL is a great font. I think you'll be well served by it.

I just changed my default font to Ezra SIL and it's really nice! Thanks for the tip Graham!

Looking at this topic made me want to look at my Greek and Hebrew fonts and try some of these others. However, when I open a Greek or Hebrew texts, go to set text pane display, and then try to customize the theme, the Greek and Hebrew fonts (Helena and Yehudi respectively) are greyed out. I can't find anywhere else to change this. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks.

I think that for the Accordance texts, Yehudit and Helena are the only options. But we can, and should, use other fonts (unicode) in our User Notes & User Tools. Everything we export will be in those unicode fonts. See Accordance Prefs>Unicode Display.

post-330-0-86422700-1417269135_thumb.jpg

EDIT: The unicode, I think, it necessary for Hebrew, Greek, and other ancient languages, but not necessary for modern languages. Sorry – I painted with an over-broad brush.

Edited by Julie Falling

Hey Brett,

The texts are not Unicode and as I understand would need recoding to permit different fonts to be used. This has been discussed in another thread in the forum. So no you're not missing anything. Here's the other thread : http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13512

Thx
D

Ok - thanks. I was concerned as to why it was not working.... must have still been too early in the morning for me to think it through :)