8 replies to this topic

#1 Bautts

Bautts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:01 PM

I am a new Accordance user that switched recently after 10 years of using Logos, and before that WordSearch and PC Study Bible.  The only thing I really miss are the great word study dictionaries by AMG Publishers.  The Complete Word Study Dictionary: New Testament by Spiros Zodhiates and The Complete Word Study Dictionary: Old Testament by Warren Baker and Eugene Carpenter were two of my favorite resources for word studies.  They are halfway between Vine's/Renn's and a full out lexicon like BDAG/HALOT.  It would be great if Accordance could offer them soon.

• Randy Cue likes this

#2 Steve King

Steve King

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:53 AM

Accordance do have Mounce's Expository Dictionary on OT and NT Words. I do not have it but I think it is an updated Vines so may not be quite what you want.

See http://www.accordanc...unce Expository

Steve King Running Accordance 12.3.4 on:

Mac 10.14.4 (Mojave), late 2017 15 inch Macbook Pro, 16Gb RAM

iPad2 IOS 9

iPhone XR IOS 12.2

#3 rcdeacon

rcdeacon

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Bible, computers
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:05 AM

Welcome from another "switcher"! You will love Accordance!

Bob

Bob Deacon 2017 MacBook Air, Accordance 12, MacOs 10.15 Catalina Public Beta, Ipad Air 2 IOS 13  Motorola G6 Play Android

Dell Inspiron laptop, Windows 10, Surface Pro 6 Windows 10

Pastor Buckhorn Baptist Church, Como, NC

#4 Randy Cue

Randy Cue

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:Teaching adult Sunday School, baseball
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:13 AM

I am a new Accordance user that switched recently after 10 years of using Logos, and before that WordSearch and PC Study Bible.  The only thing I really miss are the great word study dictionaries by AMG Publishers.  The Complete Word Study Dictionary: New Testament by Spiros Zodhiates and The Complete Word Study Dictionary: Old Testament by Warren Baker and Eugene Carpenter were two of my favorite resources for word studies.  They are halfway between Vine's/Renn's and a full out lexicon like BDAG/HALOT.  It would be great if Accordance could offer them soon.

+1

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

21.5 inch iMac (late 2015)

OSX Mojave 10.14.4

#5 Bautts

Bautts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:00 AM

I already have Mounce's Expository Dictionary on OT and NT Words, and while it is good, it only covers the most significant words.  The Complete Word Study Dictionary: OT and NT is much more exhaustive and covers each word with more depth.  It is my go to resource right after BDAG and HALOT.  Would love to see it on Accordance.

#6 Steve King

Steve King

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:42 PM

OK. Sounds like they would be useful resources to have available.

Steve King Running Accordance 12.3.4 on:

Mac 10.14.4 (Mojave), late 2017 15 inch Macbook Pro, 16Gb RAM

iPad2 IOS 9

iPhone XR IOS 12.2

#7 Alistair

Alistair

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:20 PM

I remember a thread or two elsewhere on this forum regarding Vine and Zodhiates: these works are generally not regarded very highly by scholars and students of the Bible (read elsewhere for the details). I think Mounce has produced something similar to Vine's that has received a positive response; that might be a good place to start. I am confident that products such as Vine's and Zodhiates will never be offered for Accordance; they weren't very good to begin with, and anyway have been surpassed by superior reference works.

#8 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,624 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies/backgrounds & Patristics; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Accordance Version:13.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:51 PM

FYI: as of this week, the AMG Word Study Dictionaries are now available in Accordance. See yesterday's blog post. Crossgrades are also available if you have these titles in competing software. 

• Daniel R and Fabian like this

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#9 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,121 posts
  • Accordance Version:13.x

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:01 PM

The German Elberfelder Bibel mit Sprachschl├╝ssel use the same information from Zodhiates with numbers, but in a language that are closer to my native one.

See also here

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bugs, I describe.

PLEASE!
Bring more international Bibles to the store,
fix my reported bugs, even the old ones which never was addressed,
develop my feature requests, the new once and the once I made years ago,
in nearer future.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Word Study

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users