2 replies to this topic

#1 Drew Brown

Drew Brown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:27 AM

I wanted to see how many verses of the (English, ESV) Bible were Tweetable. I tried doing this in Accordance (using the character [?] wild card), but it would only find continuous characters [if anyone knows how to search for all characters to figure out the 140 count, please let me know as it can be useful for other versions of the Bible].

I found a website that listed all of the Tweetable verses of the ESV Bible and used Accordance to create a searchable index using the Command/Ctrl+F feature in your browser. I compiled my work on my blog so that people could easily Tweet verses.

And then I realized with Accordance, you can create a New Highlight File [I call mine Tweetable verses], search for all the Tweetable verses in a book, and highlight them all. Bam, now you can easily see which verses are tweetable.

Here is the list of all the Tweetable verses in the ESV Bible. Enjoy and may the Lord multiply His Word all over the world!

All the Tweetable Verse of the Bible

#2 Kit

Kit

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Hebrew, Greek, Textual Criticism, Church History, OT, NT, Dead Sea Scrolls, Ancient history, Chinese, Web Design, Graphic Design, Web Development
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:31 AM

very interesting. thanks for sharing

#3 Ken Simpson

Ken Simpson

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,483 posts
  • Interests:My grandsons Micah and Nate!
    Astronomy
    Archaeology
    Physics
    Hebrew and Greek
    Papyrology
    Orthop├Ždic Surgery
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

I wanted to see how many verses of the (English, ESV) Bible were Tweetable. I tried doing this in Accordance (using the character [?] wild card), but it would only find continuous characters [if anyone knows how to search for all characters to figure out the 140 count, please let me know as it can be useful for other versions of the Bible].

I found a website that listed all of the Tweetable verses of the ESV Bible and used Accordance to create a searchable index using the Command/Ctrl+F feature in your browser. I compiled my work on my blog so that people could easily Tweet verses.

And then I realized with Accordance, you can create a New Highlight File [I call mine Tweetable verses], search for all the Tweetable verses in a book, and highlight them all. Bam, now you can easily see which verses are tweetable.

Here is the list of all the Tweetable verses in the ESV Bible. Enjoy and may the Lord multiply His Word all over the world!

All the Tweetable Verse of the Bible

Interesting. The character count is not implemented in Accordance
Regards
Ken
Lead Australian Accordance Demonstrator
Administrator, Accordance Exchange
Assistant Minister, Summer Hill Church

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twitter, Social Media, Sharing, Highlights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users