Accordance Apple Scripts

Pat Lazovich

Several years ago Joe Weaks posted some apple scripts for Accordance somewhere and I donwloaded them and used on often. I had a harddrive meltdown and lost the scripts. I used this one a lot:

PasteUnformatted2Word

-- Removes formatting from the text on the clipboard and pastes it at the insertion point of the

front document of Word

I know with the new widget I don't need this for Accordance but use it with other apps. I don't know how the write them or I wold does anyone have these scripts? There was a whole folder of them.

Thank you all so much

Pat Lazovich

Several years ago Joe Weaks posted some apple scripts for Accordance somewhere and I donwloaded them and used on often. I had a harddrive meltdown and lost the scripts. I used this one a lot:

PasteUnformatted2Word

Hi Pat,

Sorry to hear about your HD meltdown. I took down the web page that had that old script. Let me help you with a new one.

Are you using Word X or Word 2004? Give this script a try:

tell application "Microsoft Word"
-- Put two dashes in front of "activate" to keep Word from coming to the front

activate

-- Do 3 things: paste clipboard as text, insert a carriage return, collapse selection to the end
do Visual Basic "Selection.PasteSpecial datatype:=wdPasteText
Selection.Text = vbCr
Selection.Collapse wdCollapseEnd"
end tell

If what you really want is for the pasted text to use the style around it, you can change the

Selection.PasteSpecial datatype:=wdPasteText

to

Selection.PasteAndFormat (wdFormatSurroundingFormattingWithEmphasis)

To use the script, just paste it into a new script in Script Editor and save it where you use it (I'm guessing as a script in the script menu).

Alternatively, you can download the script here: PasteUnformatted2Word

If it doesn't work how you want, let me know.

However, I'd consider looking into Quicksilver for activating functions like this. You can explore how some of us are using Quicksilver with Accordance by taking a look at the Quicksilver Actions for Accordance. Quicksilver can also launch this script, btw.

Archived