Here is the Reading Plan

Abram K-J

I thought it could be helpful to make the reading plan easy to find here in the forums. Russell put it together--thanks, Russell!

Here Here is the reading plan he created with the readings for Greek Psalms in 2015.

Edited by Abram K-J
  • Like 2

I wasn't able to open the link on either Chrome or Safari. Wonder if other people could?

Interesting--it took me a while for it to open just now, but it did in Firefox.

I changed the url, though, to one I knows works--can you test it?

Yes. This opens in 0.1 second.

Thank you!

I was wondering, is is possible to make a google calendar that may be subscribed by users?

Each day we can see the assigned passage on the calendar.

Or, make a user reading plan to be imported by Accordance.

• Like 1

Great! Glad you got it working. I'm not sure in what format Russell originally created the plan--he could speak to that.

I think if anyone wanted to make a Google calendar or iCal or Accordance User Tool file with the readings, that would probably help a number of users.

I'm trying to figure out an easy way to automatically import the readings into OmniFocus or Things so I can check them off each day!

Hi Abram,

I have made a calendar for the reading plan on Google Calendar.

Anybody who would like to have the calendar may go to my blog here and simply click the "+ Google Calendar" button to add to his/her own google calendar.

Here is a screenshot:

post-32138-0-40107900-1418102464_thumb.png

Blessings,
Martin
  • Like 2

I'd be willing to try and make a User Tool, but I would need the spreadsheet file used to make the pdf. I've noted this on the appropriate post in the Facebook group, too.

Lorinda

What format would you like the the spreadsheet to be like?

I have made a spread sheet from the PDF file. However, I made a format that was to be imported into Google Calendar.

If you let me know the format, like what content you want in a certain column, I can make some change back to what you want.

Blessings,
Martin

Thanks, Martin. ods (Open Office) or xls would work best for me, but a Pages file would work, too. If you've already swapped orientation, so it reads across rather than down, that would be great, but I can do that myself--or try a different approach--if you haven't. Do you want to post it here, or should I pm you my email?

Well, I'll just upload the file. See if you can use it.

It is quite different from the arrangement of the original PDF file.

this forum does not allow me to upload .xlsx file.

You may download from here.

Let me know if you want to me do some change to it.

Thanks, Martin. I think this will work fine. I'm not planning anything fancy, just the dates and links to the readings. May try importing as HTML, but it may be just as simple to convert to text and copy and paste. HTML might let me automate the heading levels, but figuring that out might take me as long as doing it by hand would.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe this has already been asked, and it's slipped my memory, but just in case—can Lorinda's usertool be formatted into a Daily Reading module? I don't see a way to import such into Accordance (wouldn't that be a great feature!) but maybe, since the data is already tabulated, one of the Accordance folk would be willing to do this and have Ken put it up on the exchange?

The most recent blog post made me think of this. The benefit would be having a few less steps to open up the reading for the day: one could set the Greek Psalms as the default devotional (can't seem to put a user tool in that category…) and just click on the icon to get the day's reading…

Thanks for considering (and thank you Lorinda, Martin, et al.)!

• Like 1

Great idea!

In the meantime, the guy who does the Reading Plan iOS app is about to publish the reading plan so you can download and use it through that app.

But +1 to the request.

• Like 1

Just remember any file can be uploaded - just zip it first.

Alright--Greek Psalms in a Year is up on the Reading Plan app!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/readingplan/id336984707?mt=8

(Hyperlinking is not working for me on the forums this morning in Firefox, for some reason)

One question that developer had, which is similar to Lorinda's question on the User Tool: did we ever find out from anyone if it's possible to hyperlink to LXX versification? I know you can hyperlink to an LXX text, but I think Lorinda was finding that it was retaining the MT/HT versification, not the LXX, where it differed.

• Like 1

This is a bit off topic, but hyperlinking wasn't working for me, either.