Greek deponent futures

Λύχνις Δαν

Let's see, Daniel.

You want a decent Grammar for Dorks. A dork would not want an indecent grammar! hum.

LOL

You might take a look at Carl Darling Buck (whose IndoEuropean root book I would love to have).

Many years ago I sat in a class on Greek Dialects. I think the text was by C D Buck. It may be the one to which I link below.

I don't know how useful this will be.

https://archive.org/details/cu31924031214822

Hey Enoch,

I got hold of Buck via an inter-library loan. As you pointed out, the vast bulk of the text was concerned with phonological differences, word formation and spelling differences coming a distant second, and very very little (a few pages) on syntax. On the upside it did help on another query regarding spelling differences between Attic and Koine.

Thx

D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Enoch,

I got hold of Buck via an inter-library loan. As you pointed out, the vast bulk of the text was concerned with phonological differences, word formation and spelling differences coming a distant second, and very very little (a few pages) on syntax. On the upside it did help on another query regarding spelling differences between Attic and Koine.

Thx

D

So far as I know, most if not all spelling differences are pronunciation differences (allowing for itacism like variants), except if you might find κσ vs ξ , or πσ vs ψ. I think that our rather recent concept of "correct spelling" is really very modern. I am not sure how ancient the practice is of writing omicron + upsilon as one character resembling a raised cursive looped gamma. That might be called a ligature instead of a spelling.

Edited by Enoch