Trying to hyperlink in forums freezes Web browser tab

Abram K-J

In Firefox on a MacBook (2008) running Yosemite, my Web browser tab freezes any time I try to insert a hyperlink in the Accordance forums.

Abram, I've been doing this with no problem. I'm running Yosemite on an early 2011 MBP (8,3) using Firefox.

Are you using the toolbar link button?

Yes, both the button and the keyboard shortcut were producing the same result. I'll report back when I get to a computer, if it's still a problem.

While you are in transit, let me insert a couple of test links into this post. It's to the latest podcast: http://www.accordancebible.com/resources/multimedia/details/?id=154809 (using toolbar button); http://www.accordancebible.com/resources/multimedia/details/?id=154809(using paste).

Edit: posted both without incident and they both work properly.

Edited by Timothy Jenney

Hi, Tim,

It's not when I past a link, but when I hyperlink a word, using either the button or the command-L shortcut, that it happens. Just now got to a computer and tested--same result.

Hmmm..., OK, let me test it here and here.

It's working for me, Abram. Using Firefox 34.0.5.

Edited by Timothy Jenney

Hmmm... Okay. Thanks for checking! Sounds like it's my end.

Works for me too. Check your stuff AKJ.

This was happening to me yesterday. Here is a test to see if it works now.

Looks like it is! What about for you, Abram?

Still not working in latest Firefox (even after closing and re-opening)--the pane just turns a shade of grey and then freezes till I reload. Not a big deal.

Abram, try checking your Firefox add ons. Are you running AdBlock, for instance? Or something else that might keep a secondary window from opening?

And if you click on More Reply Options ?

Thx

D

Same result--hard to believe no one else anywhere is having the issue, especially since I'm getting it on two separate browsers. Very strange. Maybe it will go away on its own.

I reproduced it just now. I did shift-reload on this page in Firefox so that it does not use any cached items. Now I get the same result as Abram.

The thing is it looks vaguely familiar - but I cannot recall where I've seen it or what I may have done about it.

You haven't disabled Javascript in your browser recently or something like that, have you ?

Thx

D

Oddly, I searched the Invision Power forums (IP.Board is Accordance's forum), and I didn't find anything there... but, then again, one has to have admin/paid privileges to get very far in searching those forums.

Darin: thanks for confirming it. I can't think of anything I did between the time it was working and when it was not.

I've just redone Darin's test and now I see the problem. If only I could see the solution :)

Thx

D

I'm sure (?) it has nothing to do with Accordance and everything to do with IP.Board. I would assume Accordance has a good way to make reports and get support when stuff like this arises.

I think that some of the Javascript is not loading correctly. The drop-down menus in the toolbar no longer say Font and Size. They are blank.

Yep I think it's something like that - the reason the screen goes gray when you click link is so that a pop-up comes up in front of it to put URL info in. This works on my Windows machine where I have not reloaded the page yet.

Thx

D

Ok I turned on the Web Developer console in FF and when I click on the link icon on Mac I see this :

TypeError: Argument 1 of Node.appendChild is not an object.

and the usual pop up for URL information does not appear.

EDIT : looked like this wasn't happening on Windows but it is.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler