Grammars in the Info Pane

Bret Hicks

I love the new info pane, and it has caused me to really restructure my work flow.

However, I have not been able to get grammars to show up in the pane. For example, I placed Robertson's Greek Grammar in the library under commentaries but it does not show up when I am trying various verses. This would be really helpful to have, especially because a grammar like Robertson (or BDF, or Waltke-O'Connor for Hebrew) reference so many verses. It would be great to see any comments they may have that reference a particular verse.

Is this possible to do (and I am just missing it), or is there a way these could be added as an additional functionality to the info pane? If it would need to be anew capability, I would recommend having it as a separate section within the Info Pane.

Thanks for all you do at Accordance to help us study the Word!

In Christ,

Bret Hicks

I would use the Research feature and amplify to the Greek Grammar category from the verse reference. This will search all those tools for that reference. We really wanted to keep the Info pane simple and not reproduce every function that is provided for Accordance.

Yes, but simple is a relative term, no? It would be much more beneficial if the info pane were subject to the users discretion. I rarely consult commentaries, as my interest is much like Bret's. Please consider that not only is the info pane somewhat confusing because you have included some of the features found elsewhere in Accordance, it is also substantially weakened because it caters to one particular sort of person/reader. Why not let the info pane use its parameters based on a users created group?

• Like 1

I see Helen's point, and it is really easy and fast to get at grammars in Accordance 11. So not much is really lost there. But if there was even a slight extent to which the Info Pane was meant to achieve parity with Logos and BibleWorks (whose corresponding guides/resource summary windows have been in existence for several versions and which have grammars and more besides), an expansion of the Info Pane could make sense.

I tend to agree with Natan that I would use the Info Pane more if there were more support for grammars and lexica. I have few commentaries and am more focussed on reading the texts and using the tools directly associated with that. But for what I have and use now, with properly set up groups, a Research tab does wonders. An Info Pane supporting grammars and lexica would probably save a few clicks here and there though.

I'm not exactly sure of the mental model behind the Info Pane, but it feels like a bunch of pre-searches with a quick way to get to any of those results, like a specially scoped Research tab query pre-done. In that sense I can see extension and configuration of what is and is not on the pane as being interesting ideas.

Thx
D

I do understand that one can get to the Grammars other ways. But the beauty of the Info Pane is that it gives me the main things I need to research a particular verse in one pre-set up section that is already linked to the verse under study. And since the grammars are providing very similar information to the commentaries in regards to trying to understand the meaning of the original languages I would think it would be a very helpful addition to the info pane.

I would tend to agree with the other comments here - it would be nice for me to be able to decide what I would like in the info pane. Personally, I would use grammars WAY more than Bible dictionaries, particularly when studying verse by verse through a passage.

In Christ,

Bret

• Like 1