Photo

Hebrew-Greek equivalents, comparison between MT and LXX?

LXX MT

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 vparunak

vparunak

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 08 September 2019 - 06:56 AM

Is there an economical way to search for all words in one language that are parallel to a specified construct in another? I'm looking for all LXX parallels to ἐχῶ in the middle voice. The only relevant Hebrew word search I can think of is '*', but this is VERY slow. Am I missing a shortcut?

Edited by vparunak, 08 September 2019 - 06:56 AM.

#22 דָנִיאֶל

דָנִיאֶל

Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, Android

Posted 08 September 2019 - 01:25 PM

I don't think you really want * on the HMT side. I agree it's slow but I don't think it's helpful either. It just highlights more words in the verses and they are not of course the parallel word you want.

I tried this below and there are only 66 hits for έχῶ in Ralhfs LXX. Then just MERGE that the MT-LXX parallel. Also open an HMT tab in parallel to the Ralhfs so see the text and mouseover tagged elements and such. You should then be able to survey the results, given there are not so many. That should enable you to pick out the Hebrew words of interest and then build a Greek and Hebrew version of the search if you then need it.

Other options are to search the Hebrew for a class of words like * @[verb] but that will miss non-verb parallels.

Attached File  sc.jpg   53.08KB   0 downloads

Thx

D

Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua
ἡ μόνη ἀγαθὴ γλῶσσα γλῶσσα νεκρὰ ἐστιν
lišanu ēdēnitu damqitu lišanu mītu

"Du stammst vom Herrn Adam und der Herrin Eva ab", sagte Aslan. "Und das ist zugleich Ehre genug, um das Häupt des ärmsten Bettlers zu erheben, und genug, um die Schultern des größten Kaisers auf Erden zu beugen. Sei zufrieden." Aslan, Die Chroniken von Narnia, Prinz Kaspian von Narnia. CS Lewis. Übersetzt von Wolfgang Holbein und Christian Rendel.

Accordance Syntax Search For Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics : https://github.com/4...WallaceInSyntax

Accordance Crib Sheets: http://47rooks.com/l...ch-crib-sheets/

Accordance Configurations :

Mac : 2009 27" iMac
12GB RAM

Windows : MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro laptop
Intel Core Duo Intel i7 Kabylake

Android : Samsung Note III 5.0, Samsung Tab S3 7.0 and Lenovo TAB4 8" 7.1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LXX, MT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users