Is this the way workspaces are supposed to behave?

rpavich

I'm just wondering about how workspaces are supposed to behave and if it is...how do others handle it?

I'm used to (with the OTHER software package) to have a saved workspace that, when closed, it will revert back to what it was saved as so that you can mess with it and open and close things but when you re-open it you get what you started with again. (unless you do a "save as" and rename the modified one and then have two different workspaces)

But I noticed that when I modify workspaces and then close them, they open to the "last saved" configuration.

How do you adapt to this situation?

I think the way around this is not to open them from the list at the top of the screen (where there's an icon and it says "Workspaces"). Rather try opening your Library and double clicking on the workspace you saved. Does that do what you're looking for?

Edited by EricC

I think the way around this is not to open them from the list at the top of the screen (where there's an icon and it says "Workspaces"). Rather try opening your Library and double clicking on the workspace you saved. Does that do what you're looking for?

Yep..that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

I wonder why launching them from a different location makes a difference?

If you are opening a workspace from the toolbar, it will attempt to search the workspace for any current selection. This is because the toolbar can also function as an 'amplify'. Now, this can be extremely useful in many cases, such as if you set up a 'OT Studies' workspace, with grammars, lexicons, various semitic tools, etc. You then find an interesting Hebrew word, and if you amplify to the workspace, it will search all of those specified tools instantly.

However, if you are simply looking to open the workspace as a starting point, I recommend one of the three options:

1) Open it using the Library, as EricC suggested.

2) Open it from the File -> Open Workspace menu item.

3) Ensure nothing is selected when opening the workspace from the toolbar.

I hope this helps!

If you are opening a workspace from the toolbar, it will attempt to search the workspace for any current selection. This is because the toolbar can also function as an 'amplify'. Now, this can be extremely useful in many cases, such as if you set up a 'OT Studies' workspace, with grammars, lexicons, various semitic tools, etc. You then find an interesting Hebrew word, and if you amplify to the workspace, it will search all of those specified tools instantly.

However, if you are simply looking to open the workspace as a starting point, I recommend one of the three options:

1) Open it using the Library, as EricC suggested.

2) Open it from the File -> Open Workspace menu item.

3) Ensure nothing is selected when opening the workspace from the toolbar.

I hope this helps!

thanks, it did!

I'm slowly changing my modus operandi to the Accordance paradigm. :)