Hebrew Transliteration in Instant Details

Enoch

Is there anyway to change the Hebrew transliteration to standard Hebrew scholarly transliteration? I note, for example, that ב without dagesh is not presented with bh, & it seems that you never see h with a dot under it. And the word for "under" is presented two ways, tachat & ttachat-1 -- the 2nd seems to confuse dagesh lene with dagesh forte.

Is there a list somewhere of the transliteration rules Accordance is using?

Edited by Enoch

When you Copy as Transliteration, and paste outside of Accordance in Unicode, it should follow SBL guidelines:
Gen. 1:1 bᵉrēʾšı̂ṯ bārāʾ ʾᵉlōhı̂m ʾēṯ haššāmayim wᵉʾēṯ hāʾāreṣ:

It is your option in Preferences: Export if you do not have Unicode export checked, to choose to export Greek and Hebrew as Transliteration (which uses our Rosetta font and follows SBL guidelines) or as English.

I think you may be referring to the built-in transliteration which appears in Instant Details and other places. We chose to use the less accurate English there for the help of those who know neither the original languages, nor the SBL conventions. In basic dictionaries which offer transliteration, we leave it as we get it in the etext. Thus there is considerable variation in the way a word may appear in transliteration.

When you Copy as Transliteration, and paste outside of Accordance in Unicode, it should follow SBL guidelines:

Gen. 1:1 bᵉrēʾšı̂ṯ bārāʾ ʾᵉlōhı̂m ʾēṯ haššāmayim wᵉʾēṯ hāʾāreṣ:

It is your option in Preferences: Export if you do not have Unicode export checked, to choose to export Greek and Hebrew as Transliteration (which uses our Rosetta font and follows SBL guidelines) or as English.

I think you may be referring to the built-in transliteration which appears in Instant Details and other places. We chose to use the less accurate English there for the help of those who know neither the original languages, nor the SBL conventions. In basic dictionaries which offer transliteration, we leave it as we get it in the etext. Thus there is considerable variation in the way a word may appear in transliteration.

Thanks. Here is what I get from first instant details and then by copy as transliteration from text:

רֵאשִׁיתreʾshit (ראשׁ) רֵאשִׁית (rʾsh) reʾshit Noun comm fem sing abs beginning, first (Complement)

[KJVS] H7225 beginning

That is the copy from instant details.

Here is the copy from copy as transliteration:

bᵉrēʾšı̂ṯ bārāʾ ʾᵉlōhı̂m ʾēṯ haššāmayim

When I go to preferences, export, I have no options.

The menu there says, "Export characters as," but the box is greyed out with Yehudit (no change) until I uncheck unicode above. If I uncheck unicode a menu appears in which transliteration is an option.

Then when I copy as instant details I get

reœ}sûˆît◊re}shit (r}sû) reœ}sûˆît◊ (r}sh) re}shit Noun comm fem sing abs beginning, first (Complement)

[KJVS] H7225 beginning

So I am thinking that to export in SBL, you cannot do it from instant details?

Thanks

Thanks....

So I am thinking that to export in SBL, you cannot do it from instant details?

Thanks

That's correct, Enoch.