Alternate Text option for the user's notes

Guntis

Could you please add option to display Alternate Text in the Instant Details pane when I hover the mouse cursor over the scripture link in the user's notes pane while holding down the Option (Alt) key?

Interesting proposal, though I think this would be a neat feature to add to all Scripture links, not just those in User Notes. I think I'd use this, though I think I'd also like to to be able to choose a combined text (e.g. NA28+BHS-W4) as the alternate.

I can't see how we could use the option (alt) key though, as it would interfere with opt+click keyboard shortcut to initiate an Instant Details popup.

Edited by Timothy Jenney

Interesting proposal, though I think this would be a neat feature to add to all Scripture links, not just those in User Notes. I think I'd use this, though I think I'd also like to to be able to choose a combined text (e.g. NA28+BHS-W4) as the alternate.

I can't see how we could use the option (alt) key though, as it would interfere with opt+click keyboard shortcut to initiate an Instant Details popup.

Good idea! I support your idea to use Option key to display Alternative Text Accordance-wide.

Regarding interference - unless I click it works one way (displays Altermative text), but if click, it works other way - opens Instand Details popup, just as expected.

Your suggestion would work very well in the Instant Details pane. I just don't know how it could be implemented in the ID popup.

If you option-clicked to open the Instant Details pane, pressing the option key again would no nothing, just as pressing the command key currently changes nothing.

Pressing the option key twice to open the ID pane, hoping to see the alternate text displayed, would also be a disappointment.

Both of these issues aside, I think your idea is worthy of consideration. Wish we had an unassigned function key.