help with advanced search

Ken Han

Hi. I'm trying to follow the Advanced Searches tutorial from Accordance Help.

My search criteria is BHS-W4, set to search for words. When I type in letters vmo in the search box (as instructed in the Help File), I should get "shama" with letters sheen, mem, and ayin from right to left. But I'm getting letters hey, tzade, mem (final) from right to left. I thought maybe the keyboard layout was the problem, so I've tried both Hebrew and Hebrew Qwerty. Same problem. I've validated the Yehudit font files with Font Book, and fonts are fine. Manually entering the letters sheen, mem, ayin from the Character Palette gives me the same result - hey, tzadee, mem (final).

I'm using Accordance 7.1 on iMac PPC 10.4.9. I'd appreciate any tips! Thanks.

Ken

You have inadvertently checked the use Israeli keyboard in Preferences/Greek and Hebrew. Uncheck it and you can use the Yehudit layout.

Thank you, Ken, for the question. I had the same 'problem' but thought that in fact I was the problem! Thank you, Helen, for the answer. It never ceases to amaze me that all of you who give answers to the various questions, come up with the answers so quickly and then make many of them sound so simple!!!

Kevin (Soars)

Yes, thank you Helen! As always, you're very helpful.

Regards,

Ken

Archived