#1 ejbeck14

ejbeck14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:47 AM

I think I may have stumbled across a mistake in the NA28-T. When reading James this morning, I noticed that chapter 1 verse 8 was missing in the Greek text. I double checked a hard copy and the online text at nestle-bland.com , and it should read, "ἀνὴρ δίψυχος, ἀκατάστατος ἐν πάσαις ταῖς ὁδοῖς αὐτοῦ." Can we get this fixed?

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 11,358 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:02 AM

Whenever it seems that a verse is missing, be sure to check with the text in question as the search text. If the verse is missing from the search text, it won't show up in a parallel text either. In this case, in NRSV it is combined with verse 7 so 8 is missing, and my guess is that you were searching the NRSV.

I do not think any verses are actually missing from any of the widely used versions we have. Maybe from an obscure translation…

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 ejbeck14

ejbeck14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:09 AM

Whenever it seems that a verse is missing, be sure to check with the text in question as the search text. If the verse is missing from the search text, it won't show up in a parallel text either. In this case, in NRSV it is combined with verse 7 so 8 is missing, and my guess is that you were searching the NRSV.

I do not think any verses are actually missing from any of the widely used versions we have. Maybe from an obscure translation…

Thank you so much, Helen. I thought for sure I had to be doing something wrong, but couldn't figure it out. I did indeed have the NRSV as the active text.

#4 Jonathan C. Borland

Jonathan C. Borland

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:00 PM

I made the same mistake not long after purchasing Accordance a few years ago because, as a man, it is very gratifying to tinker with Bible software without bothering to check any instruction/help files.

• Timothy Jenney likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NA28, James 1:8, Greek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users