Hebrew search problem?

Daniel R

I was looking at the double preposition מן (min) phrase in Lev 1:2 and wanted to see similar occurrences.

I did a construct search (RTL of cource) LEX min + NOT PARTICLE conjunction + LEX min (all WITHIN 5 words) because I want to see other instances of back-to-back min phrases without a vav or something else in between. But this search yielded Gen 2:23 which has a vav in between the min phrases. So then I changed the negated (NOT) portion of the search to LEX vav (both of them listed in the drop down menu), but I still get Gen 2:23 as the first verse in the search result.

If I narrow the WITHIN range to 3 words, I get different results, but the first example (Gen 6:14) still has a vav in between the min phrases.

What am I doing wrong?

post-29305-0-75117600-1422306597_thumb.png

post-29305-0-49627200-1422306616_thumb.png

post-29305-0-90535800-1422306631_thumb.png

I just re-tried the searches on the HMT instead of the BHS with the same results.

Also, I realize this is a three-part list in Lev 1:2 where only the last item in the list takes vav, but shouldn't I still be able to search for exclusions of vav in other cases?

Edited by Daniel R

This is the ideal time to use the INTER command along with the WITHIN. The negative column is problematic, but a negative INTER states clearly that the defined item must not appear anywhere between the two columns.

min.png

The Accordance Help has a great article on it. Either search for 'INTER' or try navigating to it at this location:

You are here: Biblical Research and Analyses > Work with Grammatically Tagged Text > Greek and Hebrew Constructs > The INTER Connecting Item