progress information during download/update

Anthony Sepulveda

Hello,

I would like to suggest that the program show more information as it downloads an update or new module. At least it would give the user some more peace of mind, knowing which module is currently being downloaded, as well as its current download progress.

Thanks,

--anthony

• Like 2

We agree. There has just been higher priority things to work on.

• 1 month later...

Hi, bumping this request from the dark ages.  A progress bar would be great instead of the ubiquitous downloading.... don't cancel or do anything until we're done message. :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

And it would be good to allow the program to download in the background, so that we can continue using the iOS device in the meantime.

For me, background download for updates only.

There are too many 'purchased' items in my list that i dont install on my ios devices because of limited storage or i just dont use them or poor purchase descisions and i wouldnt want them to download automatically.

;o)

Hi Fraser, I think (though admittedly an assumption) that anthony just means being able to swap to another app without interrupting a download already commenced. I too would not be in favour of all automatic downloads. Specially not for purchased items as distinct from updates.

Hi ken, great to hear from you. I was thinking more of the choices we have with the app store where you can elect to have updates downloaded automatically behind the scenes where you dont have to think about them.

Open up accordance and start studying, and any updates just download.

( mega lazy! I read helen's post that this was just to get our material onto ios devices, but as soon as we get something, its human nature to want more, especially when i start comparing the behaviours of other apps. What we have got now is brilliant and i wouldnt consider android as i wouldnt want to be without accordance, its just i know you have developers just sitting round twiddling their thumbs waiting for things to do, so we just keep making suggestions!)

;o)

Hi Ken,

Yep, you assumed correctly. I also prefer downloading only when I need them, but when they do download, I don't want the program to hog all my attention, not allowing me to use any other programs in the meantime. That's a bummer for really big downloads, like image rich modules...